Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 50922 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #275
When the active playlist is an autoplaylist, the right-click menu of 'Send to New Playlist' is grayed out. Can it be modified to be clickable?

Reply #276
Hi!
First of all thank you for all of your effort and work!
Your tree is an essential element of my foobar! I'm really loving it :)!

As I updated last week your component, a sorting problem with the track numbers occured... and also releases with more than two discs do not display as usually.
I checked various other sources for this problem but it really seems to correlate with your component.
Propably it has something to do if someone uses one or two digit for tracknumbers.
To illustrate the problem; two screens!

I just overwrote the blank entry "Playlist: custom sort" in the properties with a sort order to my mind and now everything is fine!

Reply #278
Ah, yes!
Thank you! Now everything is like it was and should be!

Reply #279
@Candy Vinc

glad too see a config that still use my playlist JScript viewer ;-)

(i'm just visiting since a long time...)

Reply #280

(i'm just visiting since a long time...)

Great to see you back! I hope this means you have some new treats in store?! :D

Your script was ported to SMP panel as well, but could use your touch.

Reply #281
Your script was ported to SMP panel as well, but could use your touch.

just get back my true account :) ...

I'd like to give a look at this SMP panel, could you tell me where to get the port of my playlist script to this panel please, just to see what is to migrate from JScript Panel and win some time ?

Reply #282

I'd like to give a look at this SMP panel, could you tell me where to get the port of my playlist script to this panel please, just to see what is to migrate from JScript Panel and win some time ?

Just install SMP and you will find it in the Samples folder: foobar2000\user-components\foo_spider_monkey_panel\samples

already looking forward to modding my layout! ;)

Reply #284
@always.beta
I've fixed the issue of 'Send to New Playlist' being grayed out when active playlist is an autoplaylist, for the next version.

Reply #285
This performs incredibly fast. Changing settings is a hassle though, lots of right clicking and navigating through context menus. A settings dialog box would be way better if possible.

One of the other problems I'm having is how I'd like to split these branches. I have the Columns UI Library Tree which works closer to how I want. Still not completely and it's abandoned anyway. It allows me to create multiple views that can all be seen at once instead of having to change views. I've attached a screenshot of what I mean. Genre/Subgenre, Tagging, and Library are all views I've created. Can this be done with this? I'm also trying to make a view that splits my top level branches as:
Code: [Select]
>Artists
    *Artist1
    *Artist2
>Albums
    *Album1
    *Album2
but this is the part I couldn't figure out in the one I linked either.

Reply #286
@WilB
I found an annoying error in the script (I think so). If the tag field name contains the character ⧸ it automatically gives a pause to the tag (see screen). If instead of ⧸ I use / this problem does not occur.

My sample code
Code: [Select]
[ ($and($meta(LABEL),$meta(CATALOG NUMBER)),'['%LABEL% %CATALOG NUMBER%']',$if2(['['%LABEL%']'],['['%CATALOG NUMBER%']']))]

Library Tree 2.1.3
Please take a look at it

Reply #287
@angriestchair

As far as I am aware dialogue boxes aren't an in built feature of Spider Monkey Panel. So they would need coding from scratch which is a lot of effort. If there was some generic code that could be used may be in due course.

The next version will have a settings button which may help.

Sorry but the other feature isn't supported.

@Tropoje

Sorry but looking at your picture I can't see what the problem is. I tried that character quickly and all seemed OK.

Reply #288
@WilB , you can use HTML to create dialog boxes via ShowHtmlDialog. Of course, one would still need to write the whole dialog, but it is much easier (IMO) than doing it through ActiveX.

Reply #289
If there was some generic code that gives a nice tabbed dialogue box, so one can easily just changes the entries  in a manner analogous to panel properties then may be.

For the time being I suspect that the new settings button in the next version will suffice.

Reply #290
If there was some generic code that gives a nice tabbed dialogue box, so one can easily just changes the entries  in a manner analogous to panel properties then may be.
I'm gonna be tackling that idea very shortly, but no promises on the results. The biggest issue will be dynamic sizing of the dialog which may not be possible.

Honestly might be better to just start with some text/checkbox style controls and just draw them in an on_paint. That gives the most flexibility. but also involves the most coding. You've already done some of that work with your search input, so I might go down that route for a bit and see where it leads, if the HTML stuff proves to be too much of a pain.

Reply #291
@ubercow

Thank you for this component, it's very fast! I love the now playing filter feature.

Feature idea/request: allow specifying multiple tags at the same branch level that will create multiple entries... For example the first tree level could be %<artist>%OR%<album artist>%, where OR is some divider. Then under the The Beatles node, for example, you will see albums where album artist = The Beatles, and also any tracks where artist=The Beatles from other albums (without duplicate entries where album artist == artist == The Beatles)

I've added a soft splitter to my copy that should do what you want. It should be in the next version unless anything unforeseen arises.

It seems to work very well, and for example in a simple form also allows combining album artist & artist style views into a single view:

%album artist%¦%artist%

1) Tracks on compilations are kept together by grouping under Various Artists
2) Artists on compilations also display under the artist name

Both display on the same level.

[moved discussion to correct location]

Reply #292
^ My favorite feature from Facets. This is brilliant! Thanks WilB. :)

Would it work with splitting multi-value tags?  %<genre>%|%<style>% (using the angled brackets)

Reply #293
Yes

Reply #294
@WilB
I am using Eole app with with a lot of customizations which makes it difficult to just update without a lot of work. My problem is something like  $replace($directory_path(%path%),\,|)|%filename_ext% dont work. Could you post that part of your code that changed from about v1.3.3 to v1.3.6 to make it work. Thanks

Reply #295
@WilB
I am using Eole app with with a lot of customizations which makes it difficult to just update without a lot of work. My problem is something like  $replace($directory_path(%path%),\,|)|%filename_ext% dont work. Could you post that part of your code that changed from about v1.3.3 to v1.3.6 to make it work. Thanks

Nevermind I found it

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020