Skip to main content
Topic: How to sort foobar's playlist by track number? (Read 4461 times) previous topic - next topic

How to sort foobar's playlist by track number?

Hello Hydrogenaudio community!

I'm here to ask you a little thing about Foobar's settings. I and a friend of mine were customizing our Foobar to better display our shared playlist. The problem we found is that we aren't able to automatically sort the tracks by track number. You can see in the pictures below:

The way my playlist is.

The way I wanted it to be.

We searched everywhere, tried every piece of configuration or settings but nothing gave me a good fix. I hope somebody can help me. Thanks and sorry for poor english!

Peace,
Eduardo Barth.

Reply #1
Your filename must have a tracknumber at first.

01 bla bla
02 bla bla

Change it by > File Operations > Rename ...

Reply #2
But it would screw with my "default" music setting, that is [album artirst] - [track title]. Are you sure that this is the only way to make what I want?

Reply #3
You can change how to sort via Edit > Sort.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #4
Your filename must have a tracknumber at first. […] Change it by > File Operations > Rename
But it would screw with my "default" music setting, that is [album artirst] - [track title]. Are you sure that this is the only way to make what I want?
No, I think that suggestion is wrong.

Reply #5
Sorting behavior is one of those things that if you have a bunch of components installed, it can be tricky to track down which settings are kicking in and where to change them. In my own setup, I have no less than three places where I needed to set sorting behavior to the same string:

Edit->Sort By
-I believe this is the default sorting behavior for the program, although I don't know how proactively it is applied.

Preferences->Media Library->Facets (on this page under library):Default sort order
-The applies the sorting rules for anything generated by the facets plugin, which I think, but I'm not certain, you're using based on that screenshot.

-Preferences->Shell Integration: Sort Incoming Files By:
-This applies to files incoming from options in windows explorer.

Good rule of thumb: Identify all of your UI elements and any other relevant installed components, go through every page under Preferences for all of them looking for relevant items.

Personally I just pulled the string from that first setting and copied it into the others, since it's pretty much the only sorting I ever want for default:
Code: [Select]
%ALBUM ARTIST% - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %TITLE%

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018