Skip to main content
Topic: How do you categorize extra songs in your collection?  (Read 270 times) previous topic - next topic

How do you categorize extra songs in your collection?

By extra, I'm talking about songs by an artist that don't belong to an album.  Songs from CD samplers, unreleased, etc..

Re: How do you categorize extra songs in your collection?

Reply #1
I use a tag called TYPE. It can take values like EP, Single, Album, Compilation, etc. You get it. Everything that doesn't have that tag (or the tag is empty) is a single track, not part of any release.

Reply #2
I have great difficulties tagging unreleased songs too.
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #3
I have several CD singles in my collection. Mostly I'll just put brackets on the end of the title. Example: "Song Name [Radio Edit]". I put the album as what ever is on the cover. If there is no information, I put it as the song title with [Single] on the end.
That TYPE tag could be really useful, but so far, I've never had the urge to pragmatically create a playlist of all my singles.
Processed audio in java and python.

Reply #4
I'm sure there are quite a lot of people with electromagnetic hypersensitivity that would buy these (the kind of people that sleep with the WiFi off or worse). And as long as there is demand, there's money to be made by fulfilling that demand.
Too bad the article on electromagnetic hypersensitivity is listed under <Alternative and pseudo‑medicine> on Wikipedia...

PS: These earphones would probably be one of the biggest violations of TOS #8.

Reply #5
I don't. I don't do unreleased tracks. It is either a proper album or single or extended play or compilation album. I check all my music on discogs. Official releases only. I check the "outtakes" on YouTube or Spotify if I get the urge to listen to the song.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020