Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 reencode with ALL2LAME (missing Tags) (Read 1750 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 reencode with ALL2LAME (missing Tags)

Hi i want reencode some of my MP3´s wich already have Tags now i tryed use ALL2LAME for it but im not able to get tags working.

Im looking for  way to reencode with LAME (and special switches) and the programm just read the ID tags from source file and apply them to target mp3 file, without renaming. (Note: the source file is not in tag format, it need to read infos from MP3 tag and not generate new mp3tag info from filename)

So some1 know a frontend where i can use specific LAME options and check a box where teh programm is smart enuff to read old ID3 and apply it to the command line for LAME?

PS: is there any diff. in quality if i use --decode first and than encode again with Lame, or can i direct use the mp3 as source, since LAME support mp3 as source, i mean i bet he decode the frames internal before he reencode them so encoding strict to wav first looks useless?

-----------ADD-----------

I tryed dbPowerAMP but if i copy Lame.dll from 3.93.1 it wont encode and im also not able to use my costum preset, even the presets i choose dont work? I can choose ABR but how i set the rate?