Skip to main content
Topic: Serach Function (Read 1621 times) previous topic - next topic

Serach Function

Why are the search and quick search functions case sensitive? Would it be possible to make this an option (like a check box) ????? While I was working to provide an easy example to the case sensitive issue, I have come to the conclusion that the whole search function seems shotty at best. Suppose I want to search for the topic "LAME 4.0 alpha 6". If I search for "LAME 4.0", "lame 4.0", "lame 6" or "lame alpha" (without quotes,) the topic DOES NOT APPEAR! "lame 4" and "LAME 4" (also without quotes) do provide the topic in question though. I think a lot of work needs to be done on the search function before people can write off every n00bie question with "use the search engine - that's what it's for."

Serach Function

Reply #1
It's not case sensitive.

Try "LaMe 4" and you'll see what I mean.

"lame 4.0" is a string actually present in the Lame 4.0 alpha 6 thread (see Xenion's post), as is "lame version 4.0", "lame v4.0", and a few other derivatives. But a search for "lame 4.0" does not show any results. This might be due to the search index not being updated to include the newest posts, but I can only speculate.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019