Skip to main content
Topic: Pat and Mat - Gramophone (1981 animation) (Read 2872 times) previous topic - next topic

Pat and Mat - Gramophone (1981 animation)

Reply #1
Classic! I grew up with these two guys. These films can be enjoyed on so many levels, they're great fun for kids, and still perhaps even funnier for grown-ups!

Reply #2
Yes.

I can see their influence in some animation and comics that came later - except it can't be their influence, because I can't find anyone in the UK who has ever heard of them. Shame.

Oh well, the joys of YouTube.

I'm just hoping my son doesn't decide to re-create this cartoon with my records!

Cheers,
David.

Reply #3
I can see their influence in some animation and comics that came later - except it can't be their influence, because I can't find anyone in the UK who has ever heard of them.

I grew up with this in the early 80s, and the first time I saw Wallace And Gromit I thought "the guys that created this surely must have liked 'A je to!' a lot"  I'm sure they did know it, because the inspiration is bloody obvious there.

Reply #4
God yes. They were called "Neighbour & Neighbour here", referring to eachother as such. It was great fun.

Reply #5
Yes, this is a classic from my country.
The series has been used as a fairy tale for children before they go to bed (broadcast around 6:50 pm, before the news).

Reply #6
That is just awesome! Their 'hardcore remixing' just blows my mind.

(Too bad the humor may be lost on younger and future generations who may never experience disc-shaped analog storage media and their intricacies.)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018