Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I stop foobar from handling RAR and ZIP files (Read 7270 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I stop foobar from handling RAR and ZIP files

For the life of me, I just can't get foobar to NOT read/handle 'RAR' and 'ZIP' and '7z' files.

This is a big problem to me, because I always store a (zip/rar/7z) archive in a sub-folder of the Album folder, which contains unedited 'CUE' sheets and other source data.
If foobar reads in there it totally messes up my Playlist Viewer (CUI with NG Playlist).

This occurs mainly when I drag-drop folders from Windows Explorer.
I am also having this problem using "Explorer Tree" component (foo_uie_explorer).

Before anybody asks, yes I have gone to all possible locations --that I am aware of-- in Preferences and TRIED !

If somebody here has an answer or suggestion, please reply, Thankyou.

Reply #1
You should remove archive handling component, foo_unpacker or whatever the name is
It is installed by default out of the box AFAIK

Reply #2
Remove all foo_unpack* components, otherwise known in the configuration dialog as Archive Reader components. You appear to have at least foo_unpack (bundled with the player, so in the application's components folder) and foo_unpack_7z (third party component, usually in the profile's user-components folder, so you may remove it through the player) installed.

Also be aware that since the foo_unpack / Archive Reader component is bundled with the installer, and thus you have obviously enabled it, the installer will remember this and try to install it in the future if/when you upgrade the player. So, you will need to dig into the install features list and disable it if you don't want it reinstalled.

Reply #3
[RESOLVED]

Thanks a lot guys ++++++++++++

Re: How do I stop foobar from handling RAR and ZIP files

Reply #4
Hello
Go to fb2k Preferences in the File menu and select Media Library
find File types in the page
In Exclude section use:  *.CUE;*.RAR;*.ZIP;*.GZIP

Reply #5
Why are you answering a resolved 9 year old thread?

Reply #6
Even in December 2021, this information still works.

Amazing, I know, but here we are -- the guidance is still correct, valid and most helpful.  Worked like a charm!

Reply #7
Even in December 2021, this information still works.

Amazing, I know, but here we are -- the guidance is still correct, valid and most helpful.  Worked like a charm!

Sorry for bumping but THIS DOES NOT WORK.
Sure, it doesn't add them to the library but if you add a big bunch of folders from Windows Explorer or something, it'll still read archives. Don't believe me? I tried that LIVE! Even password protected, foobar still picks it up.

Reply #8
Go a bit back in the thread and find the answer then.

Quote from: Wise User
Why are you answering a resolved 9 year old thread?

Reply #9
if you add a big bunch of folders from Windows Explorer
Adding from Explorer has its own exclusion list in Preferences > Shell Integration.