Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: pcm to wav (Read 5609 times) previous topic - next topic

pcm to wav

I have pcm files (from hypercube transcoder) and I really need to have it in wav.

Please, help me.

pcm to wav

Reply #1
I have pcm files (from hypercube transcoder) and I really need to have it in wav.

Well, WAV files do store their data in PCM format.  By "PCM files" do you mean raw headerless PCM files?  If that's the case, and you know their format (bit-depth, sample rate), open them in any audio editor (GoldWave, CoolEdit, etc.) as "raw", input the information when asked for it, and then save as WAV.

pcm to wav

Reply #2
if they are not floating point you can use SoX
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

pcm to wav

Reply #3
Well, WAV files do store their data in PCM format.

well, WAV files store their data in any format that ACM supports.

pcm to wav

Reply #4
well, WAV files store their data in any format that ACM supports.

That's true; what I meant to say was that the vast majority of WAV files store their data in PCM format.  You can of course have MP3 data with a WAV header, but this isn't what's usually meant by 'a WAV file'.

pcm to wav

Reply #5
Thanks for the help.

So generaly a wave file is a pcm with a header.

Is that right?

pcm to wav

Reply #6
I don't know what's hypercube. If your files are LPCM, this is a nighmare. All I could do in order to convert LPCM from a DVD to WAV was ripping the DVD audio tracks to Vobs, loading the Vobs into DVD2AVI and outputting the audio, I don't remember how.

pcm to wav

Reply #7
Thanks for the help.

So generaly a wave file is a pcm with a header.

Is that right?

Yeah.  Very generally WAV is a file format, which specifies a header and a data segment.  The header specifies what sort of data it contains.  Generally when people say "a wav file" they mean one where the type of data is WAV_FORMAT_PCM, though this depends on context of course.  Somewhat recently WAV_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE has been gaining popularity, which also stores its data in PCM format, but supports multichannel audio.

pcm to wav

Reply #8
BeSweet can "eat" the 6 pcm files directly. then you could use all BeSweet features like creating 6 mono waves,  creating a multichannel wave, downmixing into 2 channel (and encoding to mp3/vorbis),  etc, etc, etc...

ps :
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&p...6762#post306762