Skip to main content
Topic: found very nice VU-Meter on Youtube - which component / where to download (Read 543 times) previous topic - next topic

found very nice VU-Meter on Youtube - which component / where to download

Hello,

I found a very nice VU-Meter on Youtube. Does somebody know which component it is or where to download.
In the provided download link I cannot find the component.

See this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zem9TSBfedo

Thanks, A

Re: found very nice VU-Meter on Youtube - which component / where to download

Reply #4
Thanks & Hello,

How do I install the dbx.7z or the containing dbx.bin ?  I tried to mount the bin as an drive with DeamonTools but that does not work.

Reply #5
  • Create (skins) path
  • Add bin files to path

Advanced Preferences | Display | VU Meter
  • Input skins path

Reply #6
Sorry where must the skins directory be created ? Found nothing on google to this.

Reply #7
The directory can be created anywhere. Useful is a subdir of foobar2000 (configuration folder).

Reply #8
Sorry where must the skins directory be created ? Found nothing on google to this.

You don't need to create a directory, you can also just install the component properly and put any skins (.bin) in the same folder.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\user-components\foo_vis_vumeter

Instructions here http://audio-file.org/2015/11/07/foobar-default-user-interface-installing-analog-vu-meters/
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #9
Thank you Guys ! Now I have the foo_vis_vumeter.dll running with the DBX.bin Skin in components directory.

Really Thank you. Now I can install more Skins :)

A

Reply #10
To monitor the correct output-DB I must calibrate the VU-meter to -33db.
 Why -33db an not +- 0db ?

Reply #11
As far as I know, the user can't calibrate the VU Meter (the programmer did so). You can set the sensitivity (preamp=20dB) in advanced preferences or use the mouse wheel in panel.

Reply #12
Oh I mean the sensifity.. I must set sensifity to -30db via mousewheel to get a 0db amplitude in the vu meter.
Why -30db and why does the vu-meter not shows same peak as windows build in level meter ?

Im my opinion it should work without sensifity adjusting and the -30db is curious.

Reply #13
No answer, but what is your preamp? (Advanced Preferences | Display | VU meter). (The range is -25dB - +5dB.)

Reply #14
My left+right channel preamp is 20.0
I must set sensifity to -32db to get a 0db amplitude on the meter.
I have configurated mono single display.

My horizontal bar-VU-meter has a peak of +10db. I think thats the reason because the analoge one goes just to +3db.
The question is if the analoge one measures the internal +db range or the windows outputed max-0db signal. I don't know.
The internal +db range is caused by equilyzer bass boost.

Actually I want to have a meter that measures the windows output up to 0db and there is no sensifity needed, but both is not the case.

Reply #15
As I said the range is -25dB to 5 dB. -25dB is the first knot (first diode in Diode VU Meter), so the first sensitivity is probably at -32dB. 0dB ist the highest volume without distortions (clipping).

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020