Skip to main content
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 212161 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1150
@3dyd Thank you for your thorough response!

Unfortunately, the fade in / fade out isn't an option, since it's tied to the buffer length -- whatever your longest fade in or out is, that's how long Foobar assign it to the buffer length.

Crossfade with a 50 ms buffer length is probably my best option. I really do appreciate your help and your plugin, it's really great!

Reply #1151
Howdy

When I use "Skiptrack" on YouTube songs, the audio syns up and start songs at the correct timer, but video always start from start of the YouTube video, so audio and video are not in sync when I use Skiptrack on YouTube songs.

Foobar = v1.4.8
Foo YouTube = v3.2
Foo_skip = v1.15

Any settings I can change to fix it or is error not on my part ?

Reply #1152
Unfortunately, the fade in / fade out isn't an option, since it's tied to the buffer length -- whatever your longest fade in or out is, that's how long Foobar assign it to the buffer length.
FYI, Crossfade DSP also buffers amount of time specified in it. How to spot this: if you select 20 seconds in Crossfade DSP and 5 seconds of buffer length in Output then in Console you will be getting "Opening tack for playback" messages 25 seconds before end of the track.

DSP has no control over input data (e.g. it cannot request data from next track 20 seconds before prev track ends). So Crossfade keeps last 20 seconds in buffer and when it gets notification that new track has just been started, it begins crossing these 20 buffered seconds with arriving data.

When I use "Skiptrack" on YouTube songs, the audio syns up and start songs at the correct timer, but video always start from start of the YouTube video, so audio and video are not in sync when I use Skiptrack on YouTube songs.

Foobar = v1.4.8
Foo YouTube = v3.2
Foo_skip = v1.15
Short answer: it works only in foobar2000 1.5.

Long answer (from my understanding). Some of new APIs introduced in foobar2000 1.5 provide different solution for components like Skiptrack.

Let's say you have a 3 minute track with meta field "SKIP=1:00-2:00" (skip one minute from the middle).

When opening in 1.4, it will be reported as 2 minute track. And after first minute of playback it will start reporting playback position not matching actual audio position in the file. Video is tied to playback position so it will be out of sync.

When opening in 1.5, its original duration will be retained. And when playback reaches position 1:00 you'll see it jumping to position 2:00. I.e. playback position remains matching to actual audio position in the file. So the video stays synced.

Reply #1153
I'm not sure if the problem is with foo_youtube, but I have `hitching` problems with some live streams (plays properly directly via browser). I.e. the music is interrupted every dozen seconds for a moment then continues playing. This does not happen to every stream. This problem happens regardless of video being enabled or disabled.
Example of problematic stream (might be down by the time you see this though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSeF2FgAdg

Reply #1154
Hi, I noticed an issue when adding non-working URLs. When a URL doesn't work, such as a YouTube video being taken down or having not premiered yet, rather than showing an error, a non-working track is added to the playlist. Example URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1x9HrGFWp8.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019