Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [DOUBLE POST] bit exact playback (Read 654 times) previous topic - next topic

[DOUBLE POST] bit exact playback

hello there,

i would like to ask if kernel streaming still works on windows 7 x64

i just bought an asus xonar essence st, and while the board is amazing, the drivers are c**p...
first of all, if use WASAPI, the music gets interrupted by a popping noise each time windows makes a sound.
if i try to use ASIO, there are pops and crackles every now and then because of bad drivers.

so i saw KS on the foobar site, and thought i'd give it a world. music plays, no pops or crackles from what i can tell, but all sounds from windows and other players still work, which makes me think if KS is actually doing what it is suppose to do (i am use to bit perfect getting exclusive rights to the sound card from using WASAPI for the past 2 years); also i can set foobar to 32 bit output, and the manual of the board says 192kHz/24bit.

so, does it work? foobar 1.1.6, and windows 7 x64

is there something i should know about KS, like why not to use it (music quality -wise)?

thanks!