Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hydrogenaudio to host RareWares (Read 23246 times) previous topic - next topic

Hydrogenaudio to host RareWares

Reply #25
Please add ALT attribute to graphics,
some guys here still sometimes use text browsers
(well, me - ELinks)
ruxvilti'a

Reply #26
great work and idea

but i wouldn't call it rarewares anymore. i would call it audioware or something. when i gave the link of the old rarewares site to some of my friends who are new to ogg vorbis for example they didn't really trust it because of the name "rarewares" and the url. they prefered using some outdated version (of oggdropxd for example) from the official vorbis site instead of using the updated ones from rarewares. just a suggestion from my experiences...

yup...

like R. say.. 1. 2.
+
a third issue.. am pretty shure..(w00t)  the "rare"
comes out of "not-so-very-common-to-come-by"..

but now when the site is under HA.
a namechange is possible.. but me
personally.. kinda like the name..
and wouldn`t change it.
the tools provided.. isn`t average
user stuff yet..

HA. isn`t yet SO known.. 
(the name & knowledge.. maybe..but not the url..)
a little more PR. is due.. me think..

Reply #27
2nd - RareWares isn't only audio anymore. Since some months ago, I have been hosting video binaries (You can find them at the MPEG4 section)

Call it mediawares then

Reply #28
Yes I already know that IE is retarded.

This doesn't mean that you should deliberately make your site look weird for 95% of your viewers.

As Ruairi has put border="0" on every other hyperlinked image, I suspect this was just overlooked for the main logo.

I just tested the site with IE 6, and I guess john33 fixed the problem except for the "Lossless" page.

Edit: BTW, I loved it. Good job.
[span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\']Ib[/span]

Reply #29
Very cool site. Nice work!

Reply #30
RareMedia is better name

Also please add links to Ogg Vorbis:
http://www.icecast.org/ -  Icecast is an audio broadcasting system  that streams music in the Ogg Vorbis format, and is available under the terms of the GNU  GPL.
http://sjeng.org - home of Garf`s GT3, Vorbis gain, GT2, and Floggy (4kbps Vorbis encoder)
http://ogg.pagina.nl/ - Dutch(?) Ogg Vorbis site
http://www.ogg.prv.pl/ - Polish Ogg vorbis site

Reply #31
Actually the site was called RareWarez at the very beginning (only a few minutes AFAIR ) till someone suggested to change it.

Great work.

Reply #32
Actually the site was called RareWarez at the very beginning (only a few minutes FAIR ) till someone suggested to change it.

And then, there was the RareWare idea - but that's a british video game producer - now nearly defunct. (you probably know them by Donkey Kong Country)

Reply #33
I just tested the site with IE 6, and I guess john33 fixed the problem except for the "Lossless" page.

I changed it, but missed uploading it!! All done now.

Reply #34
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

The site maintenance has been handed over completely to Roberto so hopefully he can sort out any issues people are having.

We'll be watching this thread for sure, and if Roberto has issues implementing some of the suggestions, for sure I'll be willing to help sort it out.

I also hope Roberto will consider revising some of his recommended suggestions, maybe they are a little out of date. The first thing we wanted to acheive was to get the site sorted and live, now that it is, we'll try to make it as useful as possible for our users.

Thanks once again for all the feedback, it has been tremendously encouraging for me!

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #35
Roberto:

Congratulations for your Nice Job.  As my english is very poor, I donno how to express my feelings, but I am happy. I was looking a Nice website like Yours and I Found it!

Viva Mexico!

A Mexican Friend from Mexico (Compadre)

Reply #36
Sorry, we speak english here. TOS point 10.

Reply #37
Sorry, we speak english here. TOS point 10.

Apologizes! i was Edited  my post to English. Sorry for my Mistake!

is it Right?

Thanks.

Viva la Hispanidad, Viva Mexico!

Reply #38
Rarewares is really hard for me to say for some reason. I can't even say it two times back to back without messing it up

[edit] I too think the name should be changed compleately.  And no, not because I have trouble saying it

Reply #39
Congratulations. It's a nice site.

@Chencho: maybe you like this:
Aural - Sonido Digital 

Reply #40
Much better now.
Tnx HA for hosting it.
Good Job guys: Roberto, John and Ruairi.
:-)
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

Reply #41
Apologizes! i was Edited  my post to English. Sorry for my Mistake!

is it Right?

Thanks.

Viva la Hispanidad, Viva Mexico!

Yes it makes sense in English, don't worry! 

Kristian

Reply #42
Kudos for the very convenient and elegant design

My only "complaint" has to do with the chosen font...even though the site doesn't use much text, still I find it difficult to pay attention to the description of the programs (the FAQ seems OK) after a while. Verdana or Aria would be better, but since I'm the only one bringing this up, don't even consider it.

Keep up the good work guys...we all appreciate your effort.

Reply #43
My only "complaint" has to do with the chosen font...even though the site doesn't use much text, still I find it difficult to pay attention to the description of the programs (the FAQ seems OK) after a while. Verdana or Aria would be better, but since I'm the only one bringing this up, don't even consider it.

No, we've already bombarded rjamorim and rc55 with the "use sans-serif" talk in the chatroom. You're not alone.  rc55 will look into it.

Reply #45
I was about to mention the font too, but seeing as its already an issue raised i'm happy to wait for the outcome! Great site though btw! 

Reply #46
ahh the font... hadn't notice it since I set up Mozilla Firebird to use my fonts.

Georgia... Serif Fonts...
Look good on print....
But bad on screen...
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #47
Rarewares is really hard for me to say for some reason. I can't even say it two times back to back without messing it up

yup...

@SNYder...

it goes better when you write it  doesn`t it 

bwt.

@AngelGR

what is the name of the font in your avtar..
i need it for some designwork 

Reply #48
Cool, i won't have to keep searching for Johnn33 to find his link to it anyymore as i always forgot to bookmark it!!

On another topic, i don't wan't to sound picky and i may be completly wrong about this an missunderstood what was being implied but doesn't hte RareWares FAQ break the Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service? See below:

Rarewares FAQ --
4. - Do you know where I can get (place your wanted piece of audio warez here)?

Look for a guy called aradzish. That's all I can say.

Hydrogen Audio TOS --
9. Links to copyrighted or illegal material, discussion containing information of how to obtain such material, bypass protection methodologies of such material, or otherwise violate laws pertaining to such matters, will not be tolerated.

Basically all you have to do is type in that name into google and you come across a russian site that, although i can't read Russian, is distributing "(place your wanted piece of audio warez here)" applications.

Again Sorry if i'm incorrect,

Kristian

Reply #49
Kritip,

Good observation. As you may or may not know Rarewares is a straight text dump of the existing site, so that slipped through. I'll give Roberto a nudge.

Cheers,

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on