Skip to main content
Topic: foo_vst: VST 2.4 adapter (Read 370119 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_vst: VST 2.4 adapter

Reply #425
This plug-in is amazing. Works perfectly on my Foobar 1.4 installation, running Windows 7 x64 bit.

I have a lot of VST plug-ins that I've collected for use in Reaper DAW, and I really wanted a parametric EQ for Foobar. Well now I can use FabFilter Pro-Q 2 VST in Foobar and I'm super happy :) :) :)

I also tested it with a handful of other VSTs, including digital guitar amp simulators, with horrible (but hilarious) results. Next I will try some of my impulse response loaders :)

Reply #426
It seems that after you install this plugin in foobar v 1.4 , when you click on "view" , you have 2 DSPs in menu, and in second menu after you click to open default equalizer foobar crashes. Can This be fixed?

Reply #427
mire777:  I tried this plugin and had similar crashing problems (not uncommon by reading through the thread), finally just got rid of it.  Have you tried using foo_dsp_vstwrap (http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html) instead?  Not sure on its compatibility with other VST's but I use it successfully with the author's own limiter VST, drawback from foo_vst is only one VST can be loaded at a time (unless you're loading a VST host plugin with it, not tried).

Reply #428
mire777:  I tried this plugin and had similar crashing problems (not uncommon by reading through the thread), finally just got rid of it.  Have you tried using foo_dsp_vstwrap (http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html) instead?  Not sure on its compatibility with other VST's but I use it successfully with the author's own limiter VST, drawback from foo_vst is only one VST can be loaded at a time (unless you're loading a VST host plugin with it, not tried).
Yes i tried this plugin, works nice, but when foobar starts, vst menu always popup, i think this is annoying. Is there a way to stop this? Also theres no support for portable mode, if i want to share my config with others, i will lose my vst presets.

Reply #429
Hi mire777:  when I start Foobar I don't get a pop-up, the VST's menu icon just appears minimized to the tray;  that is with the settings and plugin choice already made.  Only on first use did it appear as a pop-up in order for me to indicate the VST folder, etc.

The settings file for whatever reason ends up in C:\ProgramData\GeorgeYohngVST.ini so yes it's not Foobar portable-friendly but I just be sure that I make a backup copy of the .ini if I do any experimenting.

Reply #430
Hi mire777:  when I start Foobar I don't get a pop-up, the VST's menu icon just appears minimized to the tray;  that is with the settings and plugin choice already made.  Only on first use did it appear as a pop-up in order for me to indicate the VST folder, etc.

The settings file for whatever reason ends up in C:\ProgramData\GeorgeYohngVST.ini so yes it's not Foobar portable-friendly but I just be sure that I make a backup copy of the .ini if I do any experimenting.

Dont know, but every time i started foobar2000 v 1.4 (portable mod), VST menu pop-up. I added Boot EQ MkII VST plugin and set VST folder. I will try again.

Reply #431
I'm running the 1.4 Portable also.  If you still get the popup after your new test, see if changing any of the options in Display/DefaultUserInterface/Background and Notifications makes any difference (a long shot but who knows).

Of course, if you keep the Show/Hide Plugin Editor option on the right-click interface checked, it will keep showing the selected VST's own GUI when Foobar starts, but I'm assuming that's not what you mean.

Reply #432
I hadn't found this subforum, but it seems I should have posted here instead of in the general 3rd party plugins. My question may have nothing to do with foo_vst and more with how things are displayed. Regardless, when I launch a VST plugin they always launch at the upper left corner, covering the playback functions of the Foobar interface. Can the launch location in the interface be changed?

Link to original post: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116622.0.html

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018