Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible? Multiple CD-Flac images in one MKA (Read 2608 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible? Multiple CD-Flac images in one MKA

Love how easy it is to make a MKA with music cd ripped to a single flac file, then using the cue sheet as a chapter file.  Doing this with all my audio backup needs.

Now my question.  Is it possible to have a MKA container, with multiple flac-images (yes know this part is possible).  but have separate chapter file (cue sheet) for each stream.   

My goal is rip audio several book cds.  Muxing these into a MVA then in via VLC able to first change audio stream playing, then choosing a chapter in that stream.

Thirdly how to link each flac stream so plays as one long file (betting this documented somewhere just not found it)

Thanks
Wolf

Reply #1
Assuming MKA is basically the same as MKV, then you can have multiple sets of chapters, you'll just need to make ordered chapters and I don't know how easy that is to make from a CUE sheet (you'd probably have to make them manually).  The good news is you'd only need to change the angle in VLC and you get your different albums.  Wait, VLC can't handle ordered chapters well.  It might work for something simple like this.  Well, something else can if VLC can't.

Reply #2
Foobar's converter can create a single audio file + cue sheet that consists of several ripped audio CDs. Mkvmerge can create an mka file from such output files.

The cue reader in foobar does not accept a cue sheet that contains over 99 tracks (the Red Book limit), but fortunately foobar's converter and mkvmerge don't have this limitation.

As a test, I just created a 2½ hour audio file with a cue sheet. The cue sheet has 127 tracks. It works fine with mkvmerge.