Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: %playback_time% not working with copy name (Read 3305 times) previous topic - next topic

%playback_time% not working with copy name

Trying to get the Copy Name command the way I want it. I had done this originally, it worked fine and I saved the code. After reformatting my computer and installing the latest foobar2000, it no longer works properly, I imagine I messed up somewhere. Could someone please help me?

Code:
[%list_index%. ][%artist% - %title%] ['['%album%  %date% #%tracknumber%']'] '['%bitrate%kbps']' '[' %playback_time% / %length% ']'

The playback time command is the one that's not working properly.. it comes out as this:
Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight [Vicious Delicious  2007 #04] [917kbps] [ ? / 8:41 ]
When the question mark should be the playback time... why is this? I swear it started happening when newer versions of foobar came out, but I don't have any proof.

Thanks for any help

Reply #1
From the Title Formatting Syntax Reference :
%playback_time% si available only in contexts where playback related data is displayed, such as statusbar.

It is unlikely that %playback_time% will contain anything if your track is not playing.

Reply #2
Oh my god... the track IS playing, that's the only reason I want to see the "playback time"... jeeze. It worked fine for years and now it doesn't.

Reply #3
Your code (inserted into "Copy command" in "Advanced Preferences>>Display>>Legacy Title Formatting" ...) works fine here (Foobar V1.1) using the "Copy Names" command, example :

02. John Mayer - No Such Thing [Any Given Thursday (Disc 1) 2003 #02] [250kbps] [ ? / 4:46 ]
03. John Mayer - Back To You [Any Given Thursday (Disc 1) 2003 #03] [261kbps] [ 0:03 / 4:36 ] <---- playing track
04. John Mayer - City Love [Any Given Thursday (Disc 1) 2003 #04] [243kbps] [ ? / 5:11 ]

Reply #4
Your code (inserted into "Copy command" in "Advanced Preferences>>Display>>Legacy Title Formatting" ...) works fine here (Foobar V1.1) using the "Copy Names" command, example :

02. John Mayer - No Such Thing [Any Given Thursday (Disc 1) 2003 #02] [250kbps] [ ? / 4:46 ]
03. John Mayer - Back To You [Any Given Thursday (Disc 1) 2003 #03] [261kbps] [ 0:03 / 4:36 ] <---- playing track
04. John Mayer - City Love [Any Given Thursday (Disc 1) 2003 #04] [243kbps] [ ? / 5:11 ]

No way.. that's exactly how I'm trying to use it. I thought maybe it was FLAC files only that did that, tried it on some MP3s... same problem. I'm doing EXACTLY what you are and it will not work. I'm running foobar 1.1 on windows 7 x64.

Reply #5
I have tried this with many tracks, FLAC/mp3 etc and none of them are working. All I can say is wtf.

Reply #6
Okay I fixed it... I was using a Copy Name keyboard shortcut, when you look for Copy Name it brings up 3 results, I changed it to the last one and now it works... haha

Reply #7
Yes, only the [context / now playing] version supports that variable. The rest copy static information only.