Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Monkey's Help File... (Read 3261 times) previous topic - next topic

Monkey's Help File...

In the help file for Monkey's Audio there is a blurb about configuring Monkey's and EAC.

Make sure "Use external program for compression" is checked, and then pick "Xing X3Enc MP3 Encoder" from the "Parameter passing scheme" drop-down list.

Can anyone tell me why you choose Xing?  What does that tell EAC to do?

Then there is a second answer to the same question...

The newest EAC has built in support for MAC, so you just need to pick "Monkey's Audio Lossless Encoder" as the parameter passing scheme for the external selection, then locate MAC.exe, pick the compression mode, and the other options, and off you go.

I'm confused!

Monkey's Help File...

Reply #1
Just select the built in support for MAC, as per the second answer. The first answer was applicable when EAC didn't have support for monkeys audio built in (it does now)- monkeys audio takes its parameters in the same form as xing x3enc did. You are not actually using the xing encoder at all. Its just so that the old EAC knew to use the monkeys audio encoder in this manner.

Monkey's Help File...

Reply #2
Thanks.  I thought that was the case.  If I use the built in support, do the files get tagged?  Do I need to turn on the ID3 tags?  Or should I use wapet.exe to add APE tags?