Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Huffman Decoding (Read 4623 times) previous topic - next topic

Huffman Decoding

In the FAAD code he has used two methods for Huffman decoding the spectral values (2-step and binary) are there any other methods better than these two ? If no are these the only type of implementation possible ?

Huffman Decoding

Reply #2
Can you kindly refer some faster algorithms as well as some algorithms which require lesser memory(size of the tables)

Huffman Decoding

Reply #3
If using a 3-step method instead of binary for some codebook. It maybe faster than binary and the table size is smaller than 2-step method.

Huffman Decoding

Reply #4
I'm thinking about replacing the binary tables with 3 step tables, I'm not sure if it will be a lot faster and the rewriting of the tables takes a lot of time.

The least memory consuming method is probably the one used in the aac reference code, but it is quite slow.

Menno

Huffman Decoding

Reply #5
I'm thinking about replacing the binary tables with 3 step tables, I'm not sure if it will be a lot faster and the rewriting of the tables takes a lot of time.

The least memory consuming method is probably the one used in the aac reference code, but it is quite slow.

Menno

im still struggling to understand the 2-step algorithm implemented in faad... can u direct me to a reference which describes the algorithm and explains the concept?