Skip to main content
Topic: How To Save Foobar's Settings/Tweaks (Read 16332 times) previous topic - next topic

How To Save Foobar's Settings/Tweaks

Hi

- Searched the forums beforehand but didn't notice any relevant threads...

- Just did a clean reinstall of XP

- Didn't do my research beforehand and just used a hunch, but copying the "user_profiles_enabled" file from the previous installation of foobar v0.9.Something.Something, and copying it to the fresh installation of foobar v1.0.3 didn't do the trick

- For future reference, I'd just like to know which files to back-up in order to remember all the display/prefs tweaks...

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

(And much props to the foobar team for this great software  )

Reply #1
Shift+click on the File menu > Browse configuration folder. You'll end up in your profile directory (like C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000), backup/copy everything there.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #2
Shift+click on the File menu > Browse configuration folder. You'll end up in your profile directory (like C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000), backup/copy everything there.

Thanks for the response Yirkha

- Neat trick with Shift+click

- I've only got "Reset Configuration" & "Save Configuration", no "Browse configuration folder"

- But in Prefs, I've noticed the General Section has "Location of configuration files" with an "Open Folder" function for "User profile folder"

- It leads to "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\foobar2000" (without the "Roaming")

- Regardless, I'm assuming that's where...

...I need to copy everything, save it, and then drag/overwrite these files to the same folder of the new installation?

Please confirm or correct

Reply #3
- Neat trick with Shift+click
Yeah, some less often used commands are hidden by default, but can be accessed like this or bound to a keyboard shortcut if needed. (Applies to the context menu as well.)
- I've only got "Reset Configuration" & "Save Configuration", no "Browse configuration folder"
Aha, this is a new command, available in the upcoming v1.1 beta 1 version only.
- But in Prefs, I've noticed the General Section has "Location of configuration files" with an "Open Folder" function for "User profile folder"
- It leads to "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\foobar2000" (without the "Roaming")
Yes, that's the right place. It's like this for Windows XP, like I wrote above for Windows Vista and later.
...I need to copy everything, save it, and then drag/overwrite these files to the same folder of the new installation?
Exactly.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019