Skip to main content
Topic: Shell Associations Updater.exe Problem (Read 1922 times) previous topic - next topic

Shell Associations Updater.exe Problem

Hey guys, I installed FB2k on my laptop and love it, but I installed it on my desktop and every time I start it up I get this error http://imgur.com/jjGMK.jpg
no idea how to fix it and my GoogleFu fails me in my attempt to find a way to fix it. I'm using Windows Vista SP2 if that helps at all!

Reply #1
You don't happen to run Comodo firewall?

Reply #3
You could verify that no compatibility settings are enabled for either foobar2000.exe or foobar2000 Shell Associations Updater.exe by right clicking the exes and opening the Compatibility tab. Also check that those files don't for some reason have internet zone identifier on them. Do that on General tab after right clicking the files. If there's a button labeled Unblock, click it. If all else fails perhaps Process Monitor logs might offer a clue why it fails.

Reply #4
This is happening for me too, but only after i installed the latest 1.1 beta. There are different users using my computer, administrators and standard users. Whenever a standard user starts foobar2000 it ask for administrator privileges. If I do enter my admin password the prompt won't appear anymore for the standard user, but it does for the others users and vice-versa. Pretty annoying if you asked me.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019