Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sort by date (Read 3804 times) previous topic - next topic

Sort by date

Hi.
Could someone tell me how i can sort songs after their date ?

Thanks

Sort by date

Reply #1
%date%

Read the title formatting help.

Sort by date

Reply #2
i looked in the title formatting help and there is definitely no %date% in there ...
i guess it has to be changed in the playlist formatting right ?
could u show me what i have to change for the following code to sort it by date ?

DBDBDB|CCCCCC$num(%_playlist_number%,3).
$if(%mp3%,95A9BB|95A9BB,95A9BB|95A9BB)·
$if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,DBDBDB|CCCCCC,
0000FF|0000FF)· 
$if(%_isplaying%,0000FF|0000FF» ,)
[33414F|33414F%artist%
DBDBDB|DBDBDB - %title%]

[ 95A9BB|95A9BB %_length%]

Thanks a lot !

Sort by date

Reply #3
Adding $if(%date%,'['%date%']',) to the format string will add it to the display, and then you can sort by display string.

Or use "sort by..." and specify %date%.

Sort by date

Reply #4
You can use any tag you want to sort the playlist. Playlist -> Sort -> Sort by... And then just write there the tag (and in this case it is %date%).

EDIT: Damn you George  You were faster. Even though you mentioned an other way to do it. But in your case the $if(%date%,'['%date%']',) has to be the FIRST thing in the formatting string.

Snog: Just noticed you use my formatting string, cool x) It's great to notice other people like my "artwork"

Sort by date

Reply #5
thanks Curi0us_George & anza ,
but it doesn't seem that sorts after the same date that the windows explorer shows (date modified). where else does it get the date from  ?

Sort by date

Reply #6
Oh you mean THAT date  Well, I don't know is it even possible to sort by that.. Actually a good idea, though.

Sort by date

Reply #7
thanks Curi0us_George & anza ,
but it doesn't seem that sorts after the same date that the windows explorer shows (date modified). where else does it get the date from  ?

%date% is the copyright date, read from the tag (if present).

I don't know how to "sort by last modified".  Kind of a nice idea, but I don't know if we'll be seeing that anytime soon, or ever.

Sort by date

Reply #8
i see ... thanks for your help .
well, i'd really like to see a "sort by last modified" . if someone knows how to get it started ...

Sort by date

Reply #9
I was looking for "sort by modified" too, It's a great idea, playing all your new music first.

will there eva be sort by modified?

Sort by date

Reply #10
What do you other people think?

Sort by date

Reply #11
I havent tried, but if you sort by modified in exlplorer, and disable the option to sort files on load it should work just by dragging the files onto foobar and they won't be auto-sorted.

This is kinda rudimentary tho

What I have taken to doing is making a playlist tab called "New Additions" and whenever I download a file or CD I add it there (after it is in my music drectory of course) so it gets added to the database, but also is seperated.

Hope that helps.

Sort by date

Reply #12
i was just about to post something like this...
was going to suggest a %dateadded% field in the database, or %datetagged% field that is automaticly added when tags are edited by mastagger/foo_freedb

i guess it would be possible to use a masstagger script to automaticly add %datetagged%, but is it possible to have masstagger automaticly update %datetagged% from the system date?...

making it possible to use dbsearch to add all new files to a playlist, ie all files added to db within the last week or whatever.