Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is Secure Mode Ripping needed with AccurateRip? (Read 14694 times) previous topic - next topic

Is Secure Mode Ripping needed with AccurateRip?

Reply #25
Maybe you're right I dunno, the Pantera exemple was a truncated data exemple according to Greynol, maybe this one is like that too.

Truncating these samples doesn't seems stupid but you can always truncate them later manually if there is something bad audible, so I'd rather keep them.

My point of view is: be as conservative as possible, no matter if it's hard to code.

At least keeping as many samples as possible would be usefull to be aware when your drive does truncate.

Reply #26
Yes, truncated because the drive was configured with a negative read offset correction configured as not being able to overread.

Reply #27
At least keeping as many samples as possible would be usefull to be aware when your drive does truncate.

This is dependent on the setting which is supposed to be configured based on the capabilities of the drive.  IOW, the drive doesn't decide to truncate.  If the drive cannot overread and the samples to be overread are null then there shouldn't be any problems when the setting is incorrect.  When the samples aren't null then things can get quite messy, at least when using EAC:  often times far more than just the samples needing to be overread will be truncated.