Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Car Audio? (Read 1244 times) previous topic - next topic

Car Audio?

I'm in the market for a new sub and amp for my truck. I had a single 12" Alpine Type-R, but it blew on me after about two years of use. I think my amp may have been clipping which lead to the blown sub. I don't have much to spend (budget is $300 or so) but at the same time I don't want a cheap setup. I'm also not looking to rattle any windows or anything like that, just want the added depth of the bass.

I'd really like to get either a DC Audio Level 3 sub or an Audioque SDC2.5 12 sub and an Audioque AQ1200D for the amp. Unfortunately, that would run me about $415. I'm gonna try and see if I can't find the amp used to save some money. Or, possibly try and find another nice amp for around $150. I'm gonna see if I can't find a nice discontinued Kenwood or something. If anyone knows of a nice quality amp that would work for my setup, please let me know.