Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: kabuki's lastFOOdly config (Read 46746 times) previous topic - next topic

kabuki's lastFOOdly config

Hello
time has come for me to share my first config from scratch.

here some screen-shots

Please read carefully the text file included in the zip before install the config.

Quick step for installation, to try the config, before using it:

download last version of foobar here
install it in a portable mode (all options enable) directly in "C:\" not in the program file folder.
when installation ends, do not run foobar, just quit the installation window.
in that way some path will be good for a quick view of the config.

DOWNLOAD LINK

then, extract the zip in "C:\foobar2000"
and before extracting the second zip (with command "extract here" to replace foobar's folders), read the note.

That's all.

Reply #1
it looks very nice, hope it's functional as it looks, but let me notice that colors for channel spectrum and custom toolbar at the bottom of your first screenshot doesn't fit overall layout IMO, don't you think?

Reply #2
but let me notice that colors for channel spectrum and custom toolbar at the bottom of your first screenshot doesn't fit overall layout IMO, don't you think?
yes you are right, i have to admit it. as everybody around me say the same thing. but i can't find (for my candy eye) what could be better. this color was selected because, for me, it reproduce first lcd's color. nothing more.

Reply #3
it looks very nice, hope it's functional as it looks, but let me notice that colors for channel spectrum and custom toolbar at the bottom of your first screenshot doesn't fit overall layout IMO, don't you think?

I've modded kabukis config a bit and here is what I got

Reply #4
looks more pleasant, thou I'd use grey variant on black or white bg 

Reply #5
thanx for sharing ... i just want to notice some code portions grabbed from my configs

//=================================================// OBJECT button

but it's with pleasure to share that with the community

Reply #6
it looks really good, gonna try it asap

Reply #7
thanx for sharing ... i just want to notice some code portions grabbed from my configs

//=================================================// OBJECT button

but it's with pleasure to share that with the community
of course falstaff, i took more than a portion from the best config i've seen, and as i said, i learn(ed) so much from you.
but, maybe, you miss that part:
Code: [Select]
// based on code for WSH.CONTROL -XCHANGE- Config by Falstaff, and modificated (as i could!) by Kabuki for lastFoodly. Thx Falstaff.
or more surely, i forgot to put it everywhere i should.
anyway, thanks again for your config that put me on the way of mine.

Reply #8
Simply the most attractive Foobar theme I've ever seen, and I think I've seen them all.  I was hoping you would share it since the first time you posted screenshots. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Kudos to Falstaff, of course, for pushing the envelope year after year with his imagination and coding skills (and he's no slouch at graphics, either), thus allowing other themers to amaze us with themes like this one.

Now I'm probably going to spend my whole summer to adapt this theme to my needs (I shudder at the thought of modding such a complex theme with my pathetic skills). I think my wife planned some holidays but you have to know your priorities. "Chérie, j'ai raté l'avion !".

Reply #9
I don't know if it's just me, but getting a 404 error when trying to download the file.

I've been wanting to try it out since I saw your first screenshots of it, but can't seem to download it.

Reply #10
@ aisakku.
You are right. It seams that google docs don't like this zipped file. Trying to get a solution.

Reply #11
Maybe post it on DeviantArt? A lot of people would love this theme. 

Reply #12
Maybe post it on DeviantArt? A lot of people would love this theme. 
For first time, i would prefer to keep focus my attention on one forum. It's only a point of view. In that way, i could give better help, if needed.

Reply #13
@ aisakku.
Trying to get a solution.

I would like to be able to edit my first post, for futur updates or changes, but by now, i can't (maybe a mod or admin could give me the right -i don't really know how this works).

Meanwhile:
Download Link for v1.0 (2010-07-01)

Reply #14
Great config!

one question... how the autoplaylist SINGLE works... read a "single" folder or a tag? i don't know how its work!

see

thanks!

ps: sorry for my english!

Reply #15
You could make your own autoplaylist that read a TAG or like me, a Folder.
Then rename it like the old one => it will use same display for singles.

Reply #16
It is a thing of beauty but get a lot of music through it and it grinds to a halt. But it is a great config and I hope people make sure of it's code and layout so we can get some decent evolutions from it. Just what the community needed I think.

Reply #18
It looks great but PLEASE, make it optional to use customdb for ratings, playcounts, firstplayed, lastplayed, lyrics and so forth... don't want to store such things in tags.

Reply #20
How i see the picture frame like that? -----> http://www.pohrani.com/?1F/yI/3J3ebDl6/60.png
Read the note, section "F2g" Graphical Browser / Keep aspect ratio...

@nicolah
I was a bit speed to answer you, and made a confusion: Keepaspect ratio has not much to do with your question.
Here a better answer:

And last thing, for all users:
I made a mistake in the GB code, about the shadow ("a la" lasFM) under frame:

here the code we have:
//-----------> DRAW

$draw_image($get(frame.L),$get(frame.T),$get(frame.W),$add($get(frame.H),3),$get(art.overlay.path),255,[b]$get(dimaspect)[/b])

and here the correct one:
//-----------> DRAW

$draw_image($get(frame.L),$get(frame.T),$get(frame.W),$add($get(frame.H),3),$get(art.overlay.path),255,[b]nokeepaspect[/b])

Reply #21
but get a lot of music through it and it grinds to a halt.
Could you be more explicit? Something doesn't work or do you refer to the fact that this config is a bit slow at start (and playlists auto changing)?

Reply #22
thank you very much/muchas gracias!!!

Reply #23
Awesome kabuki, thanks for letting me beta test it ^^ One day though, I still hope graphical browser gets updated to load images faster...
Great work!!!

Reply #24
I realy enjoy this config. It's clean yet very functional. However I have some small suggestions for improvements. The thumbnails above the album cover look too small to make anything out. You could replace the first thumbnail with a codec icon and the second thumbnail with a flag icon. In my previous config I tagged my artists with a "country" or "origin" tag which I represented with a (spherical) flag image.

Also, an info panel at the right side wouldn't be bad either.