Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Usage of /rand commandline parameter? (Read 3334 times) previous topic - next topic

Usage of /rand commandline parameter?

I want to assign one of the multimedia keys of my new keyboard to start foobar2k with a playlist or directory in shuffle play mode.

I'm using the command foobar2000.exe c:\mp3 /rand but the /rand command doesn't seem to have any effect as it just starts foobar playing the directory sorted by track names... 

Can someone please tell me which commandline would do the trick? I'm using 0.6 beta 7.

thanks!

Wanne.

Reply #1
/rand will not turn on shuffle mode, it simply jumps to a random song in the playlist.

IMO, this option is only meant to be used with multimedia keyboards.

Reply #2
Is there an alternative to start foobar with a playlist or directory in shuffle mode? The rand function doesn't seem to have any effect in my case.

Reply #3
None of the command line parameters behave properly when you are using them to *launch* FB2K.  Once FB2K is running, they work properly from shortcuts.

link
Master of Fate. By Fate Mastered