Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I alteady trandlate to Chinese Traditional,but... (Read 4790 times) previous topic - next topic

I alteady trandlate to Chinese Traditional,but...

Hi!
I come from Taiwan.
Because now too many people use this program and they ask me to translate this good program(foobar2000) to Chinese Traditional.

But I found one problem about this job.
On the "preference" functions like "Components";"Core";"Database";"Display"...etc.
,likes these words that can not be translated to "DWORD"(double character) like photo as follow (Some ASCII words I attempt to translate,but the words disappear ):

Would you change this coding from ASCII to Unicode?? or lets it support double character? If you don't do this,some languages likes Japan,China,Taiwan,Korean can't use foobar2000 by themselves' language.I implore you(developer) to change the coding.

Very thank you.

-Best Regards
-YSL

Reply #1
The strings within the program code are UTF-8. Of course, that would render your strings even longer than WCHAR equivalents.

Reply #2
Yeah,we have this problem,too!I think we can translate English to Chinese,then give it to the author.He could produce Mutli-language Foobar2000!I hope so!

Reply #3
Yeah,we have this problem,too!I think we can translate English to Chinese,then give it to the author.He could produce Mutli-language Foobar2000!I hope so!

Only one Phrase was translated!

Reply #4

I'm pretty sure Peter has rejected the idea of multi-language support, although this may have changed over time. Dunno.

Reply #5
this is slightly off-topic, but is it possible to let foobar2000 display chinese characters within the playlist in win98se?

Reply #6
Probably not.  Windows 98/ME uses 8-bit characters, as opposed to the 16-bit characters used in Windows NT/2000/XP.  I don't think there's any way to get the standard English version of 98/ME to display Chinese.  There is the "Microsoft layer for unicode" which can apparently be added to 98/ME, but I don't actually know much about that.

Reply #7
TO:TiGERTiAN
This is UTF-8 and you must find a tool like "CXAT"(find here: http://wongtaisin.uhome.net/index.htm ).
Then you can translate it.