Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ID3v2 tags doesn`t wotk ... (Read 4969 times) previous topic - next topic

ID3v2 tags doesn`t wotk ...

Hi all.

I`m using foobar 0.586 and I`m can`t  read ID3v2 tags from mp3 files. This problem still exists when I`m using "ID3v2 tag reader v.0666" from kode54.
I don`t know how can i read the ID3v2 tags via foobar2000.

Any recommendation for me ?

thx

Reply #1
Which version of foobar2000 are you using?  kode54's ID3v2 reader doesn't work with foobar2000 0.6.

Reply #2
I`m using foobar 0.586

Reply #3
Don't you know that I have no eyes? 

I guess you should try to get in touch with Kode54 and let him know that his plugin isn't working for you.  Maybe he can help.

Reply #4
kode54's ID3v2 reader doesn't work with foobar2000 0.6.

Shure it does. Just get the new version from his plugin page.
Cya(o)
      Rainer

Reply #5
Well, he didn't mention it in the plugins thread, so I assumed that he must not have gotten around to compiling against the new SDK.

P.S.  This means that my advice still stands.  Make sure that you have the correct version of foobar for whatever version of the ID3v2 reader you have.

Reply #6
Do I have to change any settings because it doesn't work for me (0.6b5 & id3v2 tag reader 0.75)

Reply #7
tried right click>reload file info ? (if database is enabled)

Reply #8
I tried right click>reload file info and nothing happened.
But how can i enable database? I just added a new directory to the playlist and then I did right click...

Reply #9
Preferences, database.

Oh, and I really should have noted that all of my plug-ins are compiled against the 0.6 SDK.

EDIT: It appears there is a problem with my plug-in being loaded after foo_input_std when Foobar2000 is installed on a FAT16/FAT32 partition. The problem appears to be that NTFS kindly sorts the files by default before they hit FindFile, so my plug-in will always be loaded before foo_input_std.

An annoying but doable solution for now is to delete both foo_input_std and foo_id3v2, install foo_id3v2, then reinstall Foobar2000 and foo_input_std. If this fails, uninstall the player completely and delete all files from its folder before installing foo_id3v2, then reinstall everything else. (Excluding foo_id3v2, if you're using Case's installer ... no idea if he has one of those for 0.6 beta, but just in case.)

Reply #10
So, to clarify, if I'm using 0.667, there's no way I can load the plugin?
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Reply #11
An annoying but doable solution for now is to delete both foo_input_std and foo_id3v2, install foo_id3v2, then reinstall Foobar2000 and foo_input_std. If this fails, uninstall the player completely and delete all files from its folder before installing foo_id3v2, then reinstall everything else. (Excluding foo_id3v2, if you're using Case's installer ... no idea if he has one of those for 0.6 beta, but just in case.)

That worked for me

Reply #12
So, to clarify, if I'm using 0.667, there's no way I can load the plugin?

ID3v2 tag support component is included with Case's 0.667 installer, I think.

That worked for me

This is not an issue with 0.7 beta.