Skip to main content
Topic: Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP (Read 249902 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Windows Media Player Plus! - Various enhancements for WMP

Reply #300
Thank you so much! Ticking the playlists option fixed it :D
I also second the request to turn party shuffle off. Mainly because i like to keep my WMP library empty, but that causes an error (party shuffle playlist cannot be created...) to pop up every time i run WMP.

Reply #301
Do you mean that you're applying some specific tricks to keep your library empty? If so, which ones?

Could you also provide the full text of that error message, so I can take a look? Note that you can press Ctrl+C while the error dialog is in focus to copy its contents.

Reply #302
I go to File -> Manage libraries -> Music, and make sure the locations included don't have any music files (by default, Users\%USERNAME%\Music is included, and i don't keep any files there, so no problem with that).
I also go to Options, then under Player i untick the option "Add local media files to library when played".
This keeps my library empty.
Now i went to the device that was showing the error (it's a new laptop) and opened WMP (first time in over a week). I found 2 songs in my library. Turns out i hadn't unticked that option, so i must've played the 2 songs and that's why they were added to the library. I deleted them from the library, deleted the party shuffle playlist, and basically reset everything. Now when i open wmp, i don't get that error anymore (that said something like party shuffle playlist cannot be created). Instead, an empty party shuffle playlist gets created. I have no clue how this happened! If i ever manage to reproduce the error, i'll post back here.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019