Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.6 public test (Read 68383 times) previous topic - next topic

0.6 public test

Reply #300
It's not for me but a friend of mine needed to use this custom sort for some reason and he saw it gave strange results...

So he told me to repport it because he didn't own a forum account...
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !

0.6 public test

Reply #301
I asked a similar question to do with title formatting actually, try "sort by..." and insert

Code: [Select]
$num($div(%_length_seconds%,60),2):$num($mod(%_length_seconds%,60),2)

Should do the trick...

As for the intellimouse... Peter?
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

0.6 public test

Reply #302
b17
pressing a hotkey assigned to "skip forward 4 minutes" (or skip back) actually skips by 4 minutes and 10 seconds. Not sure if this happened in previous betas, I only just noticed.

Just checked - this happens in b20 also.

You must have the same hotkey set to skip ahead 10 seconds as well as 4 minutes. That explains things well.

@Ghim: If they're bugs, they belong here. Say 'em, or you lose the right to complain once it's out of beta.

0.6 public test

Reply #303
With precedent version, my previous and next buttons woked very well and it doesn't work anymore with 0.6b20 version... do you know why ?

This sorting does not work because if you use Sort by ... --> %_length%, fb2k alphabetically sorts by the length string of each file, not by its numerical value.

To make it work, use Sort by ... --> $num(%_length_seconds%,6)
(assuming that your longest track does not exceed 999999 seconds...)

As far as your IntelliMouse is concerned - I have no idea. I have one as well, and for me the previous/next buttons do still work like a charm...
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

0.6 public test

Reply #304
superdumprob & ssamadhi97 > Thx for the sorting trick...

For the Intellimouse, just forget about it... I think it's still a prob from my side and not from foobar's side... sorry ^^;;;; (I'm gonna try tonight... if it doesn't work tomorrow, i'll say it...)
So don't mind about my problem...
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !

0.6 public test

Reply #305
b17
pressing a hotkey assigned to "skip forward 4 minutes" (or skip back) actually skips by 4 minutes and 10 seconds. Not sure if this happened in previous betas, I only just noticed.

You must have the same hotkey set to skip ahead 10 seconds as well as 4 minutes. That explains things well.

I just checked, and this is certainly not the case. I have no overlapping keybindings.

0.6 public test

Reply #306
b17

Yeah, confirmed here.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

0.6 public test

Reply #307
QUOTE (rejj @ Apr 16 2003 - 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (rejj @ Apr 15 2003 - 11:23 AM)
b17

Yeah, confirmed here.

And here, not that I ever used it before.
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

0.6 public test

Reply #308
Just noticed a bug in 0.6b20.  It's reproducible every time.  If I load a PLS playlist in foobar2000, quit, and reload the player then none of the files loaded from that PLS file are playable in the current foobar playlist.  Trying to play any of the files gives this console message:

INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback : file://<filename>
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback : file://<filename>

If I manually reload the PLS playlist all the files are playable again.  Attempting to load a PLS file from Windows Explorer into foobar also gives the same error messages.  Any files in the current playlist that weren't initially loaded from a PLS file do not have this problem and play fine.

This occurs on every PLS file I've tried.

This only appears to affect PLS not M3U playlists.
Home: M-Audio Revolution 7.1 > Gilmore V2 > Beyerdynamic DT880

0.6 public test

Reply #309
or you could make a tclist.bat somewhere in your path, which contains simply

@Echo Off
ren *.lst *.m3u

and then associate tclist.bat with .lst files.  Then whenever you have a new .lst file you simply double-click it and it gets renamed, along with any other .lst files in that directory.

No, it doesn't work that way with Total Commander. TC makes a temporary .lst file and then starts foobar immediately. Making a batch file that renames the list file (filename is unknown to me and could very well be variable) and after that runs foobar can't be done. Besides that, I would have a command prompt visible until Foobar is closed, hideous...

0.6 public test

Reply #310
I found that fb2k play *.cue fine if cuesheet and image file store in the same directory,but otherwise it don't work.
I have revised the third line of cuesheet(FILE "xxxxxxx" WAVE) to specify the path.
The cue file can be add to playlist,but can't play.
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback : file://D:\temp\CDImage.cue
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback : file://D:\temp\CDImage.cue

It seem to be a bug.If I missed something,please tell me.

Please don't mind my bad English

0.6 public test

Reply #311
Bug in playlist_oper::add_location() in 0.6_beta20/0.6_beta14_sdk:

No matter what |url| is passed, add_location() always adds the string in the Add Location dialog, or nothing if there is no string available.

Edit: BTW, is there any difference between add_location() and add_items(), other than add_location() takes a const char*, and add_items() takes a list of metadb_handles? 

Maybe it would be better to depreciate add_location() and/or make it a helper function that just calls add_items().

0.6 public test

Reply #312
I just noticed a problem with play_control::play_item (using 0.6_beta20/0.6_beta14_sdk):
Calling this function does not propagate the new track to the playlist, i.e. titlebar still shows the previously playing track. play_callback::on_playback_new_track and play_control::get_now_playing both pass/return the old track.

0.6 public test

Reply #313
why not just associate .lst files with foobar2000, shouldn't that work?

Nopez, (like Curious_George says) when using the command 'Foobar2000.exe list.lst', none of the files are added. When renaming the file to list.m3u the files are added. The problem is Total Commander makes this temporary list only as a file with the extension .lst.

Conclusion: fb2k must allow the extension and recognize it as a playlist. Kinda tricky, but Peter could also make a switch which enables me to force fb2k to see this file as a playlist. Somthin' like 'foobar2000.exe list.lst /forcepl' or '/forcem3u'.

make a bat file with this in it:
CALL REN %~n1.lst %~n1.m3u
CALL START foobar2000.exe %~n1.m3u

That will rename the file to .m3u, then start foobar in its own window using the .m3u file, then the dos box will close.

0.6 public test

Reply #314

Nopez, (like Curious_George says) when using the command 'Foobar2000.exe list.lst', none of the files are added. When renaming the file to list.m3u the files are added. The problem is Total Commander makes this temporary list only as a file with the extension .lst.

Conclusion: fb2k must allow the extension and recognize it as a playlist. Kinda tricky, but Peter could also make a switch which enables me to force fb2k to see this file as a playlist. Somthin' like 'foobar2000.exe list.lst /forcepl' or '/forcem3u'.

That will rename the file to .m3u, then start foobar in its own window using the .m3u file, then the dos box will close.

Yeah, that works nicely, however, still a DOS box

0.6 public test

Reply #315
1)I use following formating string in playlist:
$if(%_isplaying%,FFFFFF,)$num(%_playlist_number%,3).
[E1FFA1%artist% - ]$if(%title%,['['%album%[ #[%disc%/]
$num(%tracknumber%,2)]'] ']E1FFA1%title%,%_filename_ext%)
[ | 00DDD2%date%][ | B388FC%genre%][ | %comment%][   FFFF00%__bitrate%kbps]
$if(%_isplaying%,FFFFFF   $repeat(*PLAYING*,100),)
       $if(%title%,,40FFFF No Tags )
       $if(%__replaygain_track_gain%,, 4040FFNO GAIN! )$if(%_isplaying%,FFFFFF,)[%_length%]

and if I have 2 or more entries of one songs, than ALL entries have
state 'PLAYING' and I don't known, what exactly entry is actually playing !
Because %_isplaying% use only filename, but not playlist number

2)Is there no way to change background color of item ? will be better
if I can see what track is played by changing its background color

3)feature request - make 'presets'(save and load) for many objects wich can changes -
each formating strings, all formating strings, sorting strings,
configs...

4) make options: "autoreset 'stop after current' state" to config.

5) make some description of standart dsp plugins - sometimes i don't
here changes in sound when I activate some of dsps

p.s. Each new sdk version will not be compatible with previous ? Or
until 1.0 release ?

0.6 public test

Reply #316
Minor bug/unexpected feature in 0.6b22/0.6b14 SDK:  play_control::VOLUME_SET has no lower bounds (i.e. -100db / -10000).  I turned the volume down to -1000dB and everything seemed to work fine, though.

Also a feature request - add a method to access the Title Format strings via the SDK.  Actually, some sort of generic access to the preferences would be nice! 

0.6 public test

Reply #317

@Echo Off
ren *.lst *.m3u

and then associate tclist.bat with .lst files.  Then whenever you have a new .lst file you simply double-click it and it gets renamed, along with any other .lst files in that directory.

No, it doesn't work that way with Total Commander. TC makes a temporary .lst file and then starts foobar immediately. Making a batch file that renames the list file (filename is unknown to me and could very well be variable) and after that runs foobar can't be done. Besides that, I would have a command prompt visible until Foobar is closed, hideous...

well, the actual name of the .lst file would be irrelevant anyways because my batch file would rename all.  But if that won't work for you, it won't work.  How about hexediting TC so it makes .m3u files instead of .lst

0.6 public test

Reply #318

@Echo Off
ren *.lst *.m3u

well, the actual name of the .lst file would be irrelevant anyways because my batch file would rename all.  But if that won't work for you, it won't work.  How about hexediting TC so it makes .m3u files instead of .lst 

The batch file zanson proposed works, however I get an annoying Dos box for some seconds. Really annoying...

0.6 public test

Reply #319
Create a shortcut to the .bat file.  Under Properties/Shortcut/Run set it to minimized.  That should hide the DOS window.
Master of Fate. By Fate Mastered

0.6 public test

Reply #320
This is a very minor nitpick and it might be intentional, but play_control::WINDOW_HIDE isn't quite the same as minimizing Foobar 0.6b22 via the minimize button/menu item.  The big difference is that the window state isn't serialized.  So if a component calls WINDOW_HIDE, Foobar will reappear at next launch. 

In order to serialize the window state, I had to do this:
ShowWindow(service_factory_base::get_main_window(), SW_MINIMIZE);
play_control::command(play_control::WINDOW_HIDE, 0);

It would also be nice if WINDOW_HIDE could be set, with a -1 accessor to get the current state (ala PLAYBACK_SHUFFLE).  Not a big deal, though, since you can get the window style and figure it out for yourself.

BTW, Foobar and especially the SDK rock!  B)

0.6 public test

Reply #321
3)feature request - make 'presets'(save and load) for many objects wich can changes -
each formating strings, all formating strings, sorting strings,
configs...

You can do this for all formatting strings like this:

$puts(string1,<your first string here>)
$puts(string2,<your second string here>)

$get(string1)
$get(string2)

Then just comment the string you DON'T want to show. I myself use this way. Presets would be better, but it works like this also.

4) make options: "autoreset 'stop after current' state" to config.

Isn't there one yet? Properties -> Core -> "Reset stop-after-current when stopping"

0.6 public test

Reply #323

Yeah, that works nicely, however, still a DOS box 

Yeah there's no way to get around the dos box coming up for a few seconds.  You might be able to right click on the bat file and tell it to start the dos box minimized so atleast it would just go into the task bar.

0.6 public test

Reply #324
Support for m3u files with URLs using extended characters (question marks, ampersands, etc...) broke at some point between .586 and .6

An example would be:
http://domain.com/artist/album/filename.mp...?stream=1&log=0

Also support for choosing to display #EXTINF from m3u playlists would also be cool.

that url seems broken, returns some HTML crap.
whoever maintains that site should be told to obey some F. standards (most of shoutcast clients out there just assume all http:// urls to be mp3 thanks to nullsoft and their l33t softw34r des1gn sk1llz)
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.