Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to make exact replica of an audio CD? (Read 3646 times) previous topic - next topic

How to make exact replica of an audio CD?

Being a novice I want to know is there any software(s) that claim to make a replica of an audio CD, including all UPC/ISRC codes? Thanks.
"In the beginning was the Audiophile"

Reply #2
I thought all copying software (i.e. Nero) did an exact copy of whatever CD you choose to put in?

Reply #3
Even with drives that where the read and write offset do not cancel?  What about damaged discs that require a secure ripping technique in order to get error free data?

No, not all copying software is capable of delivering an exact replica of the disc being copied.  In some cases I've found no software capable of delivering an exact replica of the disc being copied (discs with non-null samples beyond the start and end points defined in the TOC, discs with enhanced content).

Reply #4
Even with drives that where the read and write offset do not cancel?  What about damaged discs that require a secure ripping technique in order to get error free data?

No, not all copying software is capable of delivering an exact replica of the disc being copied.  In some cases I've found no software capable of delivering an exact replica of the disc being copied (discs with non-null samples beyond the start and end points defined in the TOC, discs with enhanced content).

Sorry just checking, I guess that's the difference between getting exact replica of a disc and whether the copy does what the original does.

Reply #5
From Wiki <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Standard_Recording_Code>
"In the beginning was the Audiophile"

Reply #6
Right, I'm somewhat familiar with the specification though I doubt you first heard about these codes by stumbling through wikipedia.

My point by posing the question I asked is that wherever you heard about these codes probably also mentioned software that was capable of retrieving and perhaps writing them.

Anyway, a simple search of this forum should go a long way in helping you find answers:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ighlite=%2Bisrc

Reply #7
Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is one good choice....  Not saying it will make an exact replica of the original in all cases, but by the title of the program you can figure out what it's meant for.

You would need to read through the instructions in setting up you drive's read/write offsets to get as close to the original as possible.
JXL
EAC.99pb5