Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exact Audio Copy and FLAC 1.2.1b? (Read 2852 times) previous topic - next topic

Exact Audio Copy and FLAC 1.2.1b?

I've just ripped a bunch of CD's with Exact Audio Copy and FLAC 1.2.1b, I simply followed the guide I found here:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC

The ripping it self went perfectly, and it plays without any problems on my computer with MediaMonkey, but after transferring some songs over to my Google Nexus One running the latest stable Cynogen ROM providing FLAC playback the songs wont play?

Funny thing though, is that songs [I download illegally] plays perfectly without any issues? But those I've ripped myself wont play?

How to get them to play?

Moderation: removed link to torrent site.

Reply #1
Could your own FLACs be 24-bit while those that you steal from illegal download sites be 16-bit FLAC?

The FLAC audio support portion of that CyanoGen Mod is written by Kenny Root.  On his website, he says that his code currently only supports 16-bit FLACs because the Android OS platform of the Google Nexus One doesn't support 24-bit audio.  So he'll have to update his code to convert on-the-fly 24-bit FLACs to 16-bit with dither.

Reply #2
How do I set EAC to rip 16-bit instead of 24-bit?

Reply #3
Did you have EAC add ID3 tags to the flac files? That would cause problems.

Reply #4
Ah, that might be it.. Will try without adding ID3 tags

Reply #5
How do I set EAC to rip 16-bit instead of 24-bit?

Impossible. Red Book audio CD = 16-bit.

BTW. TOS #9 violation in 1st post.