Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 225718 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #125
Code: [Select]
if (is_feature_request) while (true) printf("no.\n");

There's currently no way to set it up the way you want (neither through prefs nor the mini sdk), but as I mentioned some posts ago, I'd like to include fully configurable hotkeys some time. So unless you want to write the hotkey configuration for me, you'll have to wait patiently.

If you don't want to use the mouse, you can try the tab key (for switching to the resultlist); selecting items in the resultlist works very much like selecting them in the playlist. I know that that's more than one key press, but hey...

Like I said, I dont know C or I would gladly lend a hand as this plugin is amazing  I just tried tab, and it moves through every area 'except' the resultlist  I appreciate the thought though...I would use the original search, however, it can only use the filename tag, and not the directoryname tag...And thats why I wanted the configurable search, is because I dont mess with tags, so I just make sure each of my songs are named correctly, and in a seperate folder for each artist, and it looks really nice. However, as I said, the original search cant use the dirname as far as I know. Thats why I use db_search  ...Anyway, I guess Ill just have to use the mouse... Thanks anyway though

Database Search

Reply #126
Are you sure, that you can't tab to the resultlist? Cause it works here...
That would be one more thing to fix in the next release.

Database Search

Reply #127
Are you sure, that you can't tab to the resultlist? Cause it works here...
That would be one more thing to fix in the next release.

I just tested once more and Im sure that I cant tab to the resultslist...In the sequence of tabs, it has one where no area is highlighted (Im guessing this is where the bug lies, in that its supposed to be the resultslist, but it doesnt highlight it, and Ive pressed enter and it doesnt do the configured action). I hope that helps with any bug information 

So as you stated before, you need a hotkey script to have it configure what does what, from what field?

I mean, couldnt you just have a small options window (Clickable, because theres probably not enough room) that has something like this:
SearchField:
-Enter: (Dropdown)
---Default configured action
---Send to playlist
---(Other options here)

And repeat, for each button (i.e. Ctrl+Enter, Shift+Enter), and then repeat, for each field...Or would that be too complex/too much work?  (Just giving suggestions )

Database Search

Reply #128
I just tested once more and Im sure that I cant tab to the resultslist...In the sequence of tabs, it has one where no area is highlighted (Im guessing this is where the bug lies, in that its supposed to be the resultslist, but it doesnt highlight it, and Ive pressed enter and it doesnt do the configured action). I hope that helps with any bug information 

The resultlist always shows which of its items is focused, so you can only tell whether it has the focus by looking at the other controls. If none of the others has the focus, then the resultlist has it. Pressing enter does not work in your situation, because no item is selected initially. You can toggle the selection of single items by pressing the space key.

So as you stated before, you need a hotkey script to have it configure what does what, from what field?

I mean, couldnt you just have a small options window (Clickable, because theres probably not enough room) that has something like this:
SearchField:
-Enter: (Dropdown)
---Default configured action
---Send to playlist
---(Other options here)

And repeat, for each button (i.e. Ctrl+Enter, Shift+Enter), and then repeat, for each field...Or would that be too complex/too much work?  (Just giving suggestions )

I envision a config dialog similiar to foobar's default hotkey configuration, but with the ability to set the scope of hotkeys, i.e. works in all fields, only resultlist, etc.
Looking at BO(V)BZ's request gave me the idea to make the whole behaviour of this dialog exchangeable (like playback orders). Well, we'll see about that.

Database Search

Reply #129
hmmm what i really would like to see would be an option, that simply plays the doubleclicked entry in the now open playlist.... instead of inserting it or asking where to put it..

Database Search

Reply #130
hmmm what i really would like to see would be an option, that simply plays the doubleclicked entry in the now open playlist.... instead of inserting it or asking where to put it..

Set default action to "Play" (implemented in foo_utils).

Database Search

Reply #133
right... works perfect, thanks

strange "foo_utils" cant be found with forum search (exception: this thread :,)

Database Search

Reply #134
The resultlist always shows which of its items is focused, so you can only tell whether it has the focus by looking at the other controls. If none of the others has the focus, then the resultlist has it. Pressing enter does not work in your situation, because no item is selected initially. You can toggle the selection of single items by pressing the space key.

I envision a config dialog similiar to foobar's default hotkey configuration, but with the ability to set the scope of hotkeys, i.e. works in all fields, only resultlist, etc.
Looking at BO(V)BZ's request gave me the idea to make the whole behaviour of this dialog exchangeable (like playback orders). Well, we'll see about that.

Okay, just tested that and it works...Although thats..*two* more buttons I have to press . Alright, well that helps a little bit...Although your hotkey idea sounds really good. On a side note, what are the strings that can be used for the default search in foobar? Is there a list, because I think I looked but couldnt find anything?

Database Search

Reply #135
is there a way to add/send all the files in the results list to the current playlist?

i always used to use this in foo_shizzle [for 0.6] to pick out entire genres from the database, and frankly i'm lost without it

Database Search

Reply #136
is there a way to add/send all the files in the results list to the current playlist?

i always used to use this in foo_shizzle [for 0.6] to pick out entire genres from the database, and frankly i'm lost without it

Please read this post (it's about one page up).

Database Search

Reply #137
Go to the plugins' preferences and set default action for example to "send to playlist...".

@foosion: Oh, I had missed those features

Database Search

Reply #138
edit: hmmm.. how did this come as second post, even though I used the "edit" button

Database Search

Reply #139

Please read this post (it's about one page up).

ooops i missed that  thanks anyway for your help!

Database Search

Reply #140
Big fan of the new version... Thanks again...

Database Search

Reply #141
Great plugin, much appreciated.

But, I've always assigned a global key to dbsearch and in the past when foo was minimized to tray I could hit the key and search would pop up foreground to use. Now however using version 1.03 with foobar .73a, it stays minimized until I re-focus to foobar altogether.

What changed? The old behavior was great and I would really appreciate restoring it.

Thanks for the great plugin.

Database Search

Reply #142
What changed? The old behavior was great and I would really appreciate restoring it.

The activation of the dbsearch window works just like before, so I don't know. Try pressing that hotkey twice, this works for me.

Database Search

Reply #143
Ok, after using this for a while now (because its really a damn cool plugin), I've come up with a few things that I think would be kinda cool...

1)  I have the default action set to Play (via foo_utils).  I was wondering if it would be possible to have Play add the song to the current playlist if it doesn't already exist.  I'm not sure if this is feasible, but would be handy for me.

2)  I would really like to be able to drag/drop results of a search into a playlist.

3)  If drag/drop support is too much of a pain in the ass, could you possibly add support for foo_copynpaste to foo_dbsearch (or add support for foo_dbsearch in foo_copynpaste, however it works)? 

Thanks again for the awesome plugin.

Database Search

Reply #144

The activation of the dbsearch window works just like before, so I don't know. Try pressing that hotkey twice, this works for me.

Thanks. Pressing the key twice works.

(Didn't realize you had replied, autonotification was apparently broken for a while.)

Database Search

Reply #145
1) I'll think about adding this to foo_utils as a new command ("add & play").

2) Me too.

3) Not sure what there is to add. If you have the commands from foo_copynpaste (copy/collect locations) in your contextmenu, you can already copy results from the search window and add them to the playlist (paste/insert locations).

Database Search

Reply #146
3) Not sure what there is to add. If you have the commands from foo_copynpaste (copy/collect locations) in your contextmenu, you can already copy results from the search window and add them to the playlist (paste/insert locations).

Oh I see... I have disabled the copy/paste stuff in the context menu because I just use keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C = copy), but the keyboard shortcuts don't seem to work in the foo_dbsearch window...  Is there a workaround for this?

Database Search

Reply #147
Download link on your page seems to be broken.  I get the following error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~uzbs/fb2k/foo_dbsearch/foo_dbsearch-1.1.zip on this server.

Thanks for all the work.  Really like most of your plugins and foosion pack has become a must have in my components folder.

Database Search

Reply #148
Oh I see... I have disabled the copy/paste stuff in the context menu because I just use keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C = copy), but the keyboard shortcuts don't seem to work in the foo_dbsearch window...  Is there a workaround for this?

No, currently not. I'll have to implement my own keyboard shortcut system.

New features in 1.1.0
New predicates in "match all" and "match one" modes:
Code: [Select]
%field%=value
%field%~value
%field%<value
%field%>value

fieldshould be the name of a tech info field prefixed with two underscores or the name of metadata field. Value can be single word or a phrase in double quotes. The different operators have the following meaning:
  • = (equals): Field contents and value must match exactly.
  • ~ (contains): field must contain value.
  • < (less than): field must be less than value.
  • > (greater than): field must be greater than value.
< and > use natural ordering, so "a2" < "a11". All operators ignore character case. In the case of a metadata field, it is sufficient, if there is one field that satisfies the condition. The new predicates can also be prefixed with + or -.

@picmixer: Thanks for the hint. File permissions were b0rked.

Database Search

Reply #149
feature request : would it be possible to implement a quick-search from the context menu? eg. "Search db for this %artist%" and stuff like that?