Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [v1.0] Some global hotkeys not working as "global" (Read 1613 times) previous topic - next topic

[v1.0] Some global hotkeys not working as "global"

Hi all.
I'm a foobar2000 user since a few years now. I always managed to solve issues on my own with this software, but today I think there's nothing I can do alone. So here I am to ask for your help. Here is the plot :

1°/
I upgraded from v0.9.6.9 to v1.0, and saw the function "Randomize" was changed. I reattributed it to [main / Edit / Sort] and now the global hotkey can't be use as "Global". The keyboard shortcut only works when I select an item on the current list, whatever the attributed key is (currenty Shift+Ctrl+Alt+: on an azerty keyboard). It works as it should back to v0.9.6.9 (but I'd lose my all configuration downgrading, so that's not an option  )

I found out that the [main / Edit / Clear] function has the same problem that the [main / Edit / Sort] function in v1.0.

Am I the only one with such an problem ? Is there a way to fix this ?

I'd like to talk about an other issue that isn't the same, and I don't know if I have to open a new thread, so here I go.

2°/
Since I began using foobar2000's [main / view / Playlist search] function , I always had the same problem. I got a global hotkey for this function, and sometimes, when the search windows appears, I can't write anything in it because it's not focused. It looks like, but all I write will be written in the application I was currenty using (Firefox, word, even the desktop without anything opened...). I have to click on the search window to use it. That's really boaring, can I do something to get rid of this click ?

If it helps, I run Windows 7 x64. Didn't test on an other OS.

Thank you for your futher help.

Reply #1
1. The entire sort menu now pertains to the currently selected item, instead of the active playlist. This is intended. Please read the 1.0 release notes.
In the case of global hotkeys, nothing actually has focus, since another application does.

2. fb2k does not steal focus from other applications. This is intended behavior. If anything from fb2k does steal focus, it's actually considered a bug that needs fixed.

In both cases alt-tabbing to fb2k before trying to use a non-playback related hotkey would be expected.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Thank you for your really fast answer shakey_snake. It looks like v1.0 doesn't suit my way of using foobar. That's sad 

But I'd like to confirm something for the 2nd point. I made a little video, it's easier to explain my focus problem / bug / impossible wanting...

http://darxnake.fr/foobar2000/

Can you tell me if it's normal please ?