Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Newbie question: is my set up runing bit perfect (Read 1152 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie question: is my set up runing bit perfect

I am new to this forum, so if there is any violation to the rules please let me know...

My setup
asus mainboard with on board spdif output ( onboard sound is via Vt1798B chip)

Musiland MD-10 dac

Audioengine a2 speaker

Win7
Foobar (running wasapi, 16bit)

Now i use the spdif output to feed my dac.

I have set it as my default device in win 7, and choosen 24 bit and 96Khz sample rate for my onboard sound card.

I set it up like this because i want my pc to give bitperfect sound when i listen to music with foobar, but any thing else resampled to the highest sample rate possible.

Now, when foobar is playing music, my dac shows it receive signal of 44.1Khz, any thing else from the window, like pure codec, youtune, window sound alarm cannot play when foobar is running.

when i do not use foobar, any application that make a sound make my dac shows a 96khz signal.

Now my question: is my set up bitperfect when running foobar ? it is my main concern

as Md-10 allow me to choose between 16bit mode and 24 bit mode, which should i choose?

Thanks a lot for any input