Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Finding all posts by this member" (Read 3648 times) previous topic - next topic

"Finding all posts by this member"

I don't understand how the resulting list is sorted when you use this option in a HA user profile. It's neither sorted by date nor board, as it seems. I would like to use this option regularly for finding the latest postings of some members, so it's easier to track what they have to say.

So is it possible to sort this list simply according to the date of posting with the newest at the top? Then you could even bookmark it which would make things much easier in my opinion...
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

Reply #1
I was actually wondering the same thing recently..

Reply #2
The same problem is present at other message boards using the Invision Power Board software, too.

Reply #3
I've been frustrated by this on numerous occasions as well. It appears to be sorted by "last post to that thread" date, which isn't very helpful when searching by post. I guess Invision doesn't think we should snoop around and investigate the recent actions of other users too scrupulously.

Reply #4
Ok, I "fixed" this. The results are now sorted by the the actual post and not by the thread activity.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #5
Ok, I "fixed" this. The results are now sorted by the the actual post and not by the thread activity.

Great, thank you very much! 
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

Reply #6
Cheers from the crowd!

Reply #7
Is there a way to find posts by an ex-member? I tried but it didn't work.
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello