Skip to main content
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 572414 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #2175
As I don't care anymore about XP, and if I got it right, XP compatibility was the main point not pushing the latest test versions to official channel/page, I just installed 0.2.45.4 in the latest foobar2000 1.4.4. A week later, it is rock stable for me again, 24/7 :) .
I remember back then you have fixed some glitches in .4 we had with the "official" 0.2.45 version.
Without this component foobar2000 would have been like having one blind eye :) .

Reply #2176

Screendump explained
The fx are running at the same time in two popup panels; fbuser's component seems ideal when comparing different waveform effects.
For illustrative purposes and as an possible appetizer for others I've activated the time scales as well as the time axis in the upper panel.
The tick sizes have been increased as well for the same reason.

Hello! It looks very cool! Could you share the code? All links from Just_Addict are no longer available ...

Reply #2177
In general, this idea came to me only because the panels (Waveform Seekbar and Waveform Minibar (mod)) look "empty" during playback of a stream, and I don't like it, so I suggested. No practical good from this I didn't think to get, only for fb2k design

Sergey77 I agree with you that it would be nice to be able to have a "placeholder" image appear for streams instead of empty blank, as "nature abhors a vacuum".  Another player with a seekable spectrogram that of course doesn't work for streams has the option to display a user-selectable fixed image there for streams, much easier on the eyes than a blank  :)

Reply #2178
Empty UI elements suck but these components are waveform seekbars, not spectrogram visualizers. If I used streaming audio more than to quickly test something, I'd probably be more willing to hack together something.
@sveakul, It's been a year since this quote. And if @Case still did not use streaming audio more than before, we still only have to wait... :)

Reply #2179
Hello! It looks very cool! Could you share the code? All links from Just_Addict are no longer available ...

Their gists work fine for me, you might be in a region or on an ISP that blocks or is blocked from github.
I mirrored the four files at http://www.acc.umu.se/~zao/foobar2000/foo_wave_seekbar/
Zao shang yong zao nong zao rang zao ren zao.
To, early in the morning, use a chisel to build a bathtub makes impatient people hot-tempered.

Reply #2180
Their gists work fine for me, you might be in a region or on an ISP that blocks or is blocked from github.
I mirrored the four files at http://www.acc.umu.se/~zao/foobar2000/foo_wave_seekbar/

Oh! Thank you so much for the quick response and for your work! I meant a little different ... I wrote about another code, how did this look like:

It's from here https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,77490.msg922397.html#msg922397

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019