Skip to main content
Topic: file operations plugin can't rename file which is currently playin (Read 758 times) previous topic - next topic

file operations plugin can't rename file which is currently playin

Hello,

file operations plugin is really really great tool to organize MP3 files on the disk and applying naming scheme how you want it. The only thing is that it can't rename file which is currently playing. Well, when I use Properties window, foobar cleverly re-opens the file:
[blockquote]Reopening played file after update: "G:\Music\Metal\Slayer\Slayer - [1990] Seasons In The Abyss\4 - Expendable Youth.mp3"
[/blockquote]I suppose that rename is not much harder than updating properties - the plugin knows the old name and the new one (obviously), it looks like it already has the abilities to update playlist and media library, and the only inconvenience that remains is the error message that the rename operation has failed. Please improve it if you can ;-)

Thanks.

Re: file operations plugin can't rename file which is currently playin

Reply #1
I roughly remember you used to be able to do this, at least in 0.9.x (correct me if I'm wrong).

Yeah, it would be great to be able to do so now. Have to manually stop everytime renaming file is kinda annoying.

Re: file operations plugin can't rename file which is currently playin

Reply #2
You can rename while playing when you set full file buffering from advanced preferences

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020