Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The war has begun! (Read 35969 times) previous topic - next topic

The war has begun!

Reply #325
Heh, first of all, the vast majority of weapons, military technology and consultants Iraqis have had are from Russia, this is no secret at all.

Some resources about what weapons Iraq has, espessialy what they got in post-soviet period? I don't find 'this is no secret at all' sufficient.

On weapon sells:
http://www.lipmagazine.org/articles/feataw...ehali_194_p.htm

Just look what kind of weapons their army is using.

Quite ineffective, especially in anti-aircraft/aviation.
BTW any reccomendations on good resource on correlation of forces in this war (numbers/facts and preferably no demagogy)?

Besides, imo Russia is in no position to judge USA,

It doesn't.

But because USA has wanted to improve its relationship with Russia, it has not done much anything to condemn it.

It would be tricky thing to do while encouraging global war on terrorism in the same time.

On the other hand:
Along with the Islamic rhetoric and politics it is the strategic importance of Chechnya itself which compels various actors like the USA, NATO nations and other countries to take an active interest in the Chechnya imbroglio notwithstanding the much touted human rights violations by Russians in Chechnya. The strategic importance of Chechnya mainly relates to its location in North Caucasus and the part it plays in the oil pipeline politics. It is quite evident that the USA follows a policy of moving the Caspian oil pipelines away from both Russia and Iran to reduce Russia's influence in Central Asia and wherever else possible.

More sentiments on the matter:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/525075.stm
http://www.rd.dgu.ru/enews25.html

The war has begun!

Reply #326
I guess you are the last person in the world who don't know yet the reason of this war...

This "War on Iraq is only because of oil and nothing else" has become such a mantra and easy answer that it needs some criticism.

BBC has various essays on the war and one of them is "the war is not about "blood for oil" " by oil expert Jerry Taylor from the right-of-centre Cato Institute in Washington.
It's located here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/midd.../transcript.stm

Here's the  BBC essays page:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2861721.stm

Personally i think this war is not about oil, it's about security; Saddam is not a serious threat now, but he can be (and probably will be) threat to US in the future unless stopped.

This is what Colin Powell and others were saying on World Economic Forum meeting at Davos on last january. Here's a email about davos meeting from Pulizer winner and science journalist Laurie Garrett for her friends which spilled on internet. Very, very, very interesting reading about state of the world.

The best part regarding the war on Iraq:
I learned from American security and military speakers that, "We need to attack Iraq not to punish it for what it might have, but preemptively, as part of a global war. Iraq is just one piece of a campaign that will last years, taking out states, cleansing the planet."

( This email is confirmed to be real. You can read analysis about it and the spill from here:
http://research.yale.edu/lawmeme/modules.p...article&sid=938 )

Add to that thought of possibility to start democratizing process of Middle East by starting from Iraq after Saddam and his regime is removed, then this becomes really interesting.. I recommend links posted by Secret Chief on page five (Thanks Chief! Excellent info.  ), earlier posted Mideastweb.org Iraq-page and also other pages on http://www.mideastweb.org .

There are likely other reasons for this war too, but security is IMHO most important.

I agree with you, oil is not the only reason. There are also geo strategic, political and economic reasons.

About terrorism, why they don’t want to make war to Syria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Korea, Iran… you have the choice. All these countries are much more involved in terrorism or mass destruction weapon. You have to remember also that UN inspector was working (also thanks the US/UK threat) and they found nothing to threaten USA or even Israel… so why not let UN inspectors do their job?

I already heard an interview of this person. The price of the oil on the market is generally fixed by the price of the North Sea oil. So if your oil company can get a much better price for his oil, this company can make a lot of money. The production price in North Sea is about 15$/barel in Iraq it’s 2$. You can figure the difference and also understand why France, Russia and Germany really don’t want a war…

About the American oil, strategically USA prefer to keep their oil.

For the Democracy in Iraq, it’s a little bit sad but I don’t think that they really need it. All the democratic attempt in Islamic country ended by the election of Islamic party which didn’t want to keep the democracy…

The war has begun!

Reply #327
IMHO you're definitely and completely wrong... How can you even compare this?! 

Entering a country for highly questionable reasons and plunging it into a war which has taken quite a bit of civilian casualities and may take much more in the days ahead, is, at the very least, not nice.

I'm not sure if it qualifies as 'murder' or 'terrorism', but the line is not hard, and you shouldn't be surprised if someone thinks the US actions quality for the terms.

Garf: Could you tell me where you got your numbers for civilian casualties? There have been casualties sure. But your numbers differ quite a bit from any reputable numbers I have seen. Ok you did not give numbers and I guess it depends on how you define "quite a bit". So what is the size relation from "quite a bit" to "surprisingly few"?

The war has begun!

Reply #328
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE US ARMY WOULD BE IN IRAQ IF THERE WASN’T OIL?

Iraq would be totally different place if there wasn't oil. Oil is the thing which was able to  make Saddam's Iraq quite powerful country in the middle east (before the '91 Gulf war) and Saddam such a threat. Imo it's not possible to separate Iraq and oil like this, because everything affects everything. Iraq's geographical location beside the other oil countries (Kuwait,Saudi-Arabia,Iran,Qatar) is also a big factor. If Iraq had no oil, but it would otherwise threathen or attack its neighbor oil-states like Kuwait in '91, I think USA and UN would take actions against Iraq. Now we see the ending of the war which started in '91.

One thing is clear though. OPEC will try to keep the oil price steady, Iraq is OPEC member, so USA will not be stealing Iraq's oil.

Thank you for your reply JohnV 

Neo Neko can't answer. In the other hand he have a lot of work, his case is hard to defend. 

Let me ask the question differently, do you think that the US army would be in Iraq if there was no more oil ?

God don't be so ignorant.

I can reply all I want. And my position is as easy to defend as yours. Did you even take a look at the quote of John V. that you posted? I never said oil played no part in this. What ever gave you the impression I did? Perhaps you have not really been reading what has been posted here to arrive at an understanding of some sort. Instead you skim the arguments looking for little snippits you think you understand or can agree with. And go off half cocked thinking you have an impenetrable argument.

Oil does play a role. But I would not count it as a major factor. Did you read that quote of John's? Hmmmmm. I am sure you are one of the many who would like to blame America completely for Saddam and Iraq's rise to power. Some claimed we appointed Saddam as the leader of Iraq. That is complete and utter BS. He was born into power and was prepared throughout his youth by his own people to take this position. Some say the weapons we sold to Iraq several decades ago are the reason for their military power. That is also complete and utter BS. If that were the case then why are they fighting us with Russian made rifles and munitions and not the supposed copious ammounts of weapons we gave them? And while I will not deny America had a role in it John's post provides an interesting point that even without America Iraq still would have come into their current power. Your country is an evil user of middle east or OPEC oil. Your country is just as much to blame as we are on that. Don't give me the "we are better because we use less" rhetoric. The fact that you contribute at all and then try to criticise at all is shamefull.

This is not a new war. It is the conclusion of an old war.

The war has begun!

Reply #329
I know bluewer than blue (and others) have already answered, but the right to a fair trail is the most basic human right for EVERYONE.

If people are guilty of crimes, if they are murderers etc etc, then they should be found guilty.

I think the thing you are unfortunatly missing is that this is a percieved war. You generally do not find war criminals being tried for war crimes in the middle of the war.

More importantly, if they are not guilty, then they must be tried, and found innocent.

In principle I agree. But I guess them holding smoking guns would still not be enough for you.

It is ridiculous and immoral to keep someone detained without trial - all but the most barbarous and corrupt regimes in the world accept this.

Well again you show some ignorance and lack of understanding on this issue. They are captured enemy combatants in what is being called a war. In essence POWs. I would agree that they should not be kept there indefinatly. But don't try to color us evil for doing what has been done countless times in war throughout history and even in recent history by your people and people you approve of. That is hypocritical

The treatment of POWs by Iraq is horrific and terrible and illegal and sickening. Being shown on TV is the least of their worries. But the tone of the outcry from the USA was pathetic - "you can't show them on TV because it's against the Geneva convention" - there are different phrases for this in every nation in the world. It's the Donkey calling the Rabit "long ears".

I dont think anyone said you can't show them on TV. What the problem with it was as I understand it was that their faces were shown and they were on public display.

The USA has a right to be angry about miss-treatment of POWs, and the POWs themselves are heros. But the USA must stop chastising other countries for breaking international agreements which the USA itself ignores at will. The answer, of course, is not for the USA to stop opposing what other countries are doing wrong, but to put right their own conduct immediately.

Where do you get this stuff? How has america broken or ignored those international agreements in the detaining of those Afgahni "Prisoners Of War"? We do no parade them around on TV. We do not put them on public display. Those supposed inhumane conditions you cite could have been there to protect their identities from public scrutiny during the taking of those pictures. Did you ever considder that? How does that make us the hypocrits in this instance that you are? Those pictures are also over a year old. Are they still being kept in those same conditions? I know you don't know so I am gonna tell you. No. Was the term "sense depravation torture" a term used by any American interviewed or even hinted at by them. Or is it simply the author of the articles impression of what he has seen and does not fully understand or even want to ask about? I am gonna go over to Britan and take pictures out of their possible context just so I can criticise you.  Not really. But do you get the point?

The war has begun!

Reply #330
Some resources about what weapons Iraq has, espessialy what they got in post-soviet period?

Well, I think Jane's would have the most accurate info available for ordinary people, but it costs money..
Here's CNN's page about the 2 military forces:
http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/...iraq/index.html
On weapon sells:
http://www.lipmagazine.org/articles/feataw...ehali_194_p.htm
Yees, seems very objective and respected source this lipmagazine.org.. Let me guess,  here is your primary source for other completely objective news. 
Or try this for complete lies..
As always, I think the truth is somewhere between...
Juha Laaksonheimo

The war has begun!

Reply #331

Neo Neko can't answer. In the other hand he have a lot of work, his case is hard to defend. 

Let me ask the question differently, do you think that the US army would be in Iraq if there was no more oil ?

God don't be so ignorant.

Chill out man, you don't have the ability to judge me.

I can reply all I want. And my position is as easy to defend as yours.

The subject being serious, I think it's better to don't take us to seriously.

I am sure you are one of the many who would like to blame America completely for Saddam and Iraq's rise to power.

I'm blaming all the country that helped him.

Some claimed we appointed Saddam as the leader of Iraq. That is complete and utter BS.

USA helped Saddam since 1958... A lot of dictators have taken advantage of the cold war...
Read also: http://www.twf.org/News/Y1998/IraqLott.html

If that were the case then why are they fighting us with Russian made rifles and munitions and not the supposed copious ammounts of weapons we gave them?

USA had mainly provided mass destruction weapon and it was this type of weapon that was targeted by the UN. Maybe it was effective?

And while I will not deny America had a role in it John's post provides an interesting point that even without America Iraq still would have come into their current power.

Why not sale drug because the stuff would arrive anyway...

Your country is an evil user of middle east or OPEC oil. Your country is just as much to blame as we are on that. Don't give me the "we are better because we use less" rhetoric. The fact that you contribute at all and then try to criticise at all is shamefull.

I agree with you, we are all responsible and that's why I really think we have to stop this madness. In order to do that, people from US should be aware of that.

Finally you don't answer clearly and simply to the question.

The war has begun!

Reply #332
USA helped Saddam since 1958... A lot of dictators have taken advantage of the cold war...

Do you have any impartial source for this? It's very easy to say that "CIA put Saddam in power", "CIA gave Saddam WMDs". It's just too simple, not very believable. Usually this kind of "information" is greatly exaggerated and simplified, simply put, propaganda. The impartial sources I have read imply that Saddam put himself into power, not any CIA... although it's likely that CIA has supported him. But there are many levels of support...

And because Saddam is the Iraqi dictator, you could say the same "country X supported Saddam", about any country who dealed with him.. in that case it would be probably easier to count who hasn't supported Saddam..
Juha Laaksonheimo

The war has begun!

Reply #333
I know you have not given any sort of alternate explanations any creedence. Wouldn't it be possible that their noses and mouths were being covered to protect them from possible diseases US troops might have to which they have no immunity. The converse could also be true. The eye masks could also be explained similarly. I am not saying that they are the only explanations or even that they are the real explanations. But since they are explanations that don't fit your mould for us that they may have not been considdered.

Argh!...there are a few opinions that simply leave you speechless. I was ready to "listen" to many different explanations, but that "their noses and mouths were being covered to protect them from possible diseases US troops might have to which they have no immunity" was way beyond my wildest imagination.

Next time, when I see someone in the street hitting out another man with a stick, I might interprete it as his attempt to make the body of the latter more "resistant" to beating. It's possible after all...it's just that the possibility is estimated at around 0,000002%.

Some perhaps. But not all. I do believe that what was allowed to be shot was filtered. But if what was in those pictures was so sinister then......
1. Why did the US let them out?
2. If the US was giving them out tell me why God why would they have given those?
I thought the US was striving to be a better more evil opresser. How could we slip up and make such a bone-headed move? Not..........

The answer is very simple actually. They showed those pictures (and yes...US Defense Department gave them away) in order for the "terrorists" to know what they are gonna deal with if they mess with them. This way they can subdue the willingness of the "terrorists" and stop any future strike. At least that's what they believe.

Photographs are nice and all. I have some nice doctored photographs of supposed naked celebrities perhaps I could intrest you in.
Photographic evidence? Perhaps. But of what??

Of people that are being treated like non-human beings. But at least they got shower and running water.

If those photographs were fake I'm sure that the US authorities would have claimed that. But that wouldn't be possible, since they provided them to the public.

Amnesty International doesn't really believe your alternative explanations though either. Hope you don't think that they just hate US as the rest of us and loves bashing it.

Dude! ROTFLMAO!!! That is kinda funny. He was an enemy combatant sure. But the thing to keep in mind was that he is also a US citizen. Now if they had done that to an Afgani taliban combattant then you would have something. What we might want to be more concerned about is why he got off so light for doing the same thing with a little treason on top.

So the problem is that officialy he wasn't an Afghani taliban combattant, but a US citizen, meaning that you never humilated or exposed the face of a POW. Convenient! Btw great photo.

Also...here's a good article about the Geneva Convention. It shows how US violates also the convention. Sounds weird I know, but when Al-Jazeera showed the faces of those soldiers, I thought that this might save their life after all.

Well again you show some ignorance and lack of understanding on this issue. They are captured enemy combatants in what is being called a war. In essence POWs. I would agree that they should not be kept there indefinatly. But don't try to color us evil for doing what has been done countless times in war throughout history and even in recent history by your people and people you approve of. That is hypocritical

According to Amnesty International (visit the link I included above) the problem is that those "enemy combatants" are NOT considered POWs (as you claim), but "unlawful combatants", which means that are being denied specific rights under Geneva Convention. So who shows ignorance and lack of understanding exactly?

I think the thing you are unfortunatly missing is that this is a percieved war. You generally do not find war criminals being tried for war crimes in the middle of the war

And you are probably missing what budgie had said in the first place about those Afghani prisoners, which led me and 2bdecided among others to react:

Democracy and decent treatment is only for those who handle in its terms and deserve it... Murderers and terrorists have no right for decent handling, because they left the decent mankind on their own accord. They could make another decision, but it was their free will to leave law and regard to the lives of other people. So stop crying because of bunch of creatures who deserve nothing better but the same fate they prepared for the others...

If you agree with that, I really don't know what to say...

The war has begun!

Reply #334

Do you have any impartial source for this? It's very easy to say that "CIA put Saddam in power", "CIA gave Saddam WMDs". It's just too simple, not very believable. Usually this kind of "information" is greatly exaggerated and simplified, simply put, propaganda. The impartial sources I have read imply that Saddam put himself into power, not any CIA... although it's likely that CIA has suppoerted him. But there are many levels of support...

I have to admit it, this is not really a neutral source. Anyway, I v read and hear this information several times, so I'm quite sure about it.

Propaganda is everywhere but generally more in the involved countries.

The war has begun!

Reply #335
According to Amnesty International (visit the link I included above) the problem is that those "enemy combatants" are NOT considered POWs

Well, obviously if they were considered POWs, USA would have to release them, because this "war against terrorism" is not that kind of war which is described in Geneve convention (I suppose?). Also USA wasn't in war against Afganistan, it was in war against Taliban and Al-Qaida.
Also it would be hard in US law system to really find them guilty of terrorism. The prisoners are members of the Al-Qaida terrorist organization and Talibans who support Al-Qaida and were guilty of very cruel things in Afganistan, so obviously it's not so easy for USA to just let those guys walk away, which would happen in any other case besides this.
If these guys were released and then would attack for example an airplane full of US and european people, I'm sure many would scream why did USA let them go...

Why should Al-Qaida members walk freely among us?
Juha Laaksonheimo

The war has begun!

Reply #336
I have to admit it, this is not really a neutral source. Anyway, I v read and hear this information several times, so I'm quite sure about it.

Sure about what exactly? That CIA put Saddam in power and he had nothing to do with it? Or that CIA "supported" Saddam as did many others with same criterias?
I'd really like to see any impartial info about this..
Juha Laaksonheimo

The war has begun!

Reply #337
Also it would be hard in US law system to really find them guilty of terrorism. The prisoners are members of the Al-Qaida terrorist organization and Talibans who support Al-Qaida and were guilty of very cruel things in Afganistan, so obviously it's not so easy for USA so just let those guys walk away, which would happen in any other case besides this.
If these guys were released and then would attack for example an airplane full of US and european people, I'm sure many would scream why did USA let them go...

I really don't understand why you say that it would be hard for the US law system to find them guilty of terrorism. If there isn't a law about those people, then they have been kept illegally. But I really want you to clarify this, cause I'm not sure what do you mean.

Still, nobody ever asked for the releasing of these people, unless of course they are innocent, something which can be proved only through a trial. What I do ask for though is for a civilized treatment..and it seems that I'm not the only one who acknowledges that regardless of their crimes, these people have every right to be treated as any other prisoner.

NeoNeko said that they are POWs...if they are then they have denied them some of their rights as Amnesty International states. I'm quoting the following from AI's thesis:

The International Committee of the Red Cross, who are the authoritative interpreters of the Geneva Conventions, have said that the prisoners are presumed to be POWs until a 'competent tribunal' rules them otherwise

The war has begun!

Reply #338
So sad to see the intense bashing of the U.S. by so many Europeans. I guess it's easy to make us the excuse for every problem they see in the world.

To our European friends: You don't have to like anything about our culture to know that the U.S. is the best friend modern European countries have and have ever had.  My father-in-law died in the service of this country helping with Eurpoen reconstruction after World War 2. Several of my mother's cousins died in WW2 fighting to free Europe.

Next time you drive by a U.S. military cemetery in Europe, take a good look. Those could be the last Americans who will die for Europe's freedom.

The war has begun!

Reply #339
I really don't understand why you say that it would be hard for the US law system to find them guilty of terrorism. If there isn't a law about those people, then they have been kept illegally. But I really want you to clarify this, cause I'm not sure what do you mean.

Still, nobody ever asked for the releasing of these people, unless of course they are innocent, something which can be proved only through a trial. What I do ask for though is for a civilized treatment..and it seems that I'm not the only one who acknowledges that regardless of their crimes, these people have every right to be treated as any other prisoner.

So it's ok, to release "innocent" Al-Qaida members.. ok.. Because that is what would happen if these guys were allowed to go to court. There wouldn't be enough evidence that these guys are "guilty of terrorism", and they would most probably walk out free.

I agree that they should be treated properly. What I've read, their situation is better now than in the beginning.
Juha Laaksonheimo

The war has begun!

Reply #340

Simple. Because it's their right as human beings in a democracy. They are only suspects until proven guilty, and should be treated accordingly.

You're in a slippery slope when you give some people special treatment just because of what some of their friends have done and you can't prove anything on them personally. Next thing you know there will be discrimination agains people form their country, religion, race etc... This behaviour from the state doesn't belong in any just society. Period. Do you have any problems with that?

The war has begun!

Reply #341
So it's ok, to release "innocent" Al-Qaida members.. ok.. Because that is what would happen if these guys were allowed to go to court. There wouldn't be enough evidence that these guys are "guilty of terrorism", and they would most probably walk out free.

I agree that they should be treated properly. What I've read, their situation is better now than in the beginning.

Let me see if I understand correctly...these guys aren't allowed (or better say, "they" don't allow them) to go to court, because there isn't enough evidence against them? How is this possible...aren't there international and domestic laws about terrorism? Don't those apply for them?

But still...if there aren't evidences, yes that's how it works, they must be released. It's not me who says so, but justice itself. If somebody hasn't broken the law or can't be proven that it has, then he should be free...simple as that.

Don't get me wrong...I hate terrorism as anybody else, but unless someone gets convicted about it, I can't accuse him beforehand. And I just can't simply keep him imprisoned forever denying him the right to go to court to prove his innocence or not.

The war has begun!

Reply #342
NeoNeko said that they are POWs...if they are then they have denied them some of their rights as Amnesty International states. I'm quoting the following from AI's thesis:

The International Committee of the Red Cross, who are the authoritative interpreters of the Geneva Conventions, have said that the prisoners are presumed to be POWs until a 'competent tribunal' rules them otherwise

That's not what Rumsfeld says.  He refers to them as 'detainees' and 'unlawful combatants',  not 'Prisoners of War'.  That gives him a bit of a legal loophole, even if it is complete BS.

The war has begun!

Reply #343
You're in a slippery slope when you give some people special treatment just because of what some of their friends have done and you can't prove anything on them personally. Next thing you know there will be discrimination agains people form their country, religion, race etc... This behaviour from the state doesn't belong in any just society. Period. Do you have any problems with that?

So it's ok for a terrorist supporter (or terrorist) to walk freely as long as you can't prove exactly what the person has done decisively in a court of law? You'd gladly go to the same airplane with this kind of person?
Juha Laaksonheimo

The war has begun!

Reply #344
I totally agree, blue.

The worst laws of my country are those so called terrorist laws which allows for people (usually immigrants) to be convicted in courts without even hearing what they were accused of and thus never being able to defend themselves. To my knowledge they are not used so much anymore, but they still exist, and that's a shame to any country called a democracy. It looks as if USA is doing something similar to these so called terrorists held on Cuba, and that's a shame on them...

The war has begun!

Reply #345
So it's ok for a terrorist supporter (or terrorist) to walk freely as long as you can't prove exactly what the person has done decisively in a court of law? You'd gladly go to the same airplane with this kind of person?

Yes!

Much more than living in a police state, where the police can arrest just anybody and put them in prison indefinately without any grounds.

The war has begun!

Reply #346
Let me see if I understand correctly...these guys aren't allowed (or better say, "they" don't allow them) to go to court, because there isn't enough evidence against them? How is this possible...aren't there international and domestic laws about terrorism? Don't those apply for them?

I think so yes, but how are you going to prove decisively so that it's undisputable in a court that certain person captured somewhere from Afgan mountains by US soldiers is for example an Al-Qaida member? There are so many things which the defence can use.. especially now that they have been in Guantamo.
I don't know what would be the sentence if they are found to be a member of Al-Qaida, but nothing else. Would they get like 1-2 years in prison, and then released or what.. I don't know. But after 9/11, I do understand USA's point of view, although I understand the other point of view as well..
Juha Laaksonheimo

The war has begun!

Reply #347
Gosh...not the same accusation again and again. I, as european, have nothing against US as a nation. My problem is the authorities and the decisions they take that affect my life as well as that of an entire planet. Why is it so difficult to understand this? Why do you keep thinking that we hate America, we want to go down in flames, sink like Atlantis etc?

I can name hundreds of things that I admire US for, but they have nothing to do with this war and they don't belong to this thread. Shit...even my mother was born and raised there.

Next time you drive by a U.S. military cemetery in Europe, take a good look. Those could be the last Americans who will die for Europe's freedom.

This is pathetic...I don't even want to comment more on it 

But since you believe that it's only Europeans who oppose to this war and bash constantly US, let's see how they see things some US citizens:

I don't have to repeat Michael Moore's point of view...just go back a few pages or visit his site.

Here's Sam Rosenthal's (owner of Projekt Records) opinion about this war...he is also an american citizen, and not just another european basher.

America is just like Germany in 1933. "The people" have no say in this. W seized power illegally and now he is using that power to focus on the "agenda" he had from the beginning: arrogantly enforce "Americanism" around the globe. September 11th was a really good "excuse" for him to do this.

Every Bush press conference and speech is filled with lies. He repeats his deceitful propaganda about why Iraq needs to be attacked. He convinces "normal Americans" that his actions are justifiable for a better world. He tricks Americans into supporting an attack on Iraq by suggesting that September 11th was connected to Iraq and that this war prevent terrorisms. Republicans call people "unpatriotic" if they suggested terrorism is the result of our failed policies. Americans refuse to see that our foreign policy breeds the people who want to kill us. Iraq had nothing to do with September 11, Hussein isn't a religious extremist. Attacking Iraq doesn't do anything to fight terrorism, as W claims. Once again, it is wrong-headed policy that will breed MORE terrorism.....

I could spend pages restating the things you have already read about the lies and the propaganda. That's not my point. My point is that I have many depressed and angry friends; and I want to say "No. You are not alone. We are all equally helpless here." We are helpless to do anything about this war.

I can find countless other opinions from US citizens as well. After all the percentage of people who oppose to this world, if you consider the propaganda since US is very involved in this, is big.

The war has begun!

Reply #348
Much more than living in a police state, where the police can arrest just anybody and put them in prison indefinately without any grounds.

Like in Iraq?

Anyway, I do think it's illegal by international law to be a member in a terrorist organization. So it's interesting that it would be ok for you if these guys walked freely and went to the same plane with you..
Juha Laaksonheimo

The war has begun!

Reply #349
Let me guess,  here is your primary source for other completely objective news. 

OMG I was exposed.
Or try this for complete lies..

It's quite good, thanks.
As always, I think the truth is somewhere between...

How now? Thought truth is always on US side. B)