Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wavepack which tags are commonly used (Read 4694 times) previous topic - next topic

Wavepack which tags are commonly used

I am busy writing the WavePack codecs for dBpowerAMP and I want to ask what tags are used for wavepack (all of them? - id3, ogg, ape1/2), and which should dB write as default.

Reply #1
i use only ape2...

Reply #2
WavPack Winamp plugin supports ID3v1 tags.
Foobar "extra-officially" supports APE2. It's not an issue, because the decoder is robust enough to ignore any "corrupted" data at the end of the stream.

and which should dB write as default.

I would stongly recommend APE2. Upcoming WavPack 4 will probably use APE2 only as default.

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #3
Spoon,

I agree with Roberto that APE2 tags should be the default. Foobar supports them now, and I will add support for them in the winamp plugin as soon as I can figure them out.  And, as Roberto says, the WavPack unpacker ignores anything appended to the end WavPack files.

BTW, I noticed that I stupidly left on the "static" keywords on some variables at the beginning of unpack_samples() in the unpack.c module. These don't need to be static and the keywords can be removed (actually Z caught this when doing his port).

If you have any questions about the code (or if there's anything I can do) please drop me an e-mail. And thanks for working on including WavPack in dBpowerAMP.

Reply #5
just outa curiosity... any ballpark ETA on this?

Reply #6
The Decoder + Tagger are working A-Ok, the encoder is just writing garbage  so a few days to 2 weeks.

Reply #7
The Decoder + Tagger are working A-Ok, the encoder is just writing garbage  so a few days to 2 weeks.

cool... no rush, just wondering...

Reply #9