Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_softplaylists (Read 253085 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_softplaylists

Reply #175
Hi!

Thanks for your amazing plugin! Have you thought about adding scrobbling to this plugin? Unfortunately, foo_audioscrobbler is broken, and hasn't been fixed for several months...

Thank you!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #176
LOL. foo_audioscrobbler is not broken at all. i think you must have some sort of problem your end. 

foo_softplaylists

Reply #177
I think it refers to official foo_audioscrobbler provided with last.fm scrobbler, as far is i know that version doesn't work with foobar v1.0.

Florian's standalone version works without probs.
Disregard the constabulary.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #178
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, I'll continue in the foo_audioscrobbler thread instead...

foo_softplaylists

Reply #179
well, any idea about disable the drag to change the offset, or scroll to change the offset?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #180
Hi!
I have not read the whole thread, so sorry if there was a question like this before.

Is it possible to add a feature where a predefined tag is set for a track that is loved on last.fm?
That would make it possible to mark the loved tracks in the playlist view. That would be great.

Nice tool anyway. Thanks.

greetings: Martin

foo_softplaylists

Reply #181
^ you might be interested in a script i've made. as well as providing a clickable button to run this component, it can also automatically fetch a track's loved status and playcount directly from last.fm's servers as you play them. you can then display this information in your playlist.

unfortunately it's not a proper component but a collection of 3rd party tools. i've put together a full guide with all required files here

foo_softplaylists

Reply #182
marc2003 is already pissed with me but he helped me with setting the skin working and it did work.
{@marc2003: Hello, yup, it's me - the same pissing you off guy from DA, sorry}

I am having problems with SOFTPLAYLIST

I got skin everything is configured properly, entered username & password
It was working, I managed to LOVEd one music through it but now it stopped working, I cannot LOVE any more music
As well I am testing it through menu "LOVED last.fm -> USER" and it returns playlist with 0 entries.
I tested it with PURE portable installation, was working at the beginning but stopped :/

I got username/pass in foo_softplaylist, in foo_audioscrobbler plus username/apikey in code
After pressing LOVE button, console displays:

Playcount sync: Contacting Last.fm....
Playcount sync: Last.fm responded "OK"
Playcount sync: Updating LASTFM_PLAYCOUNT 7 > 8
Playcount sync: Not updating LASTFM_LOVED. No changes found.
Reopening played file after update: "D:\Music\Test\Test.mp3"

(or normally without changing PLAYCOUNT, just this one was updated at the end of the listening)
So ... why foo_softplaylist doesn't connectect with last.fm to ?!
Apparently it can download data but not upload (PLAYCOUNT taken after foo_audioscrobbler updated online data?)
or maybe sometimes doesn't have any connection at all (thus empty USER Top Tracks playlist?)

foo_softplaylists

Reply #183
*sigh* how do you expect anyone here to have a clue what you're talking about. this isn't the place to ask for help with 3rd party skins. your problem is still with my script and has nothing to do with this component whatsoever.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #184
Hi everyone.
Im feeling a bit thick, but i can't seem to get this to work. I'm almost positive that i have it configured incorrectly though. I think my issue is an incorrect path preference...but i really don't know!

Anyway, could anyone help me out and explain what needs to change from the default settings to get playlists to be made?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #185
you have the media library configured to watch your music folder(s)? it uses this to generate playlists. also, it might be worth checking the console (found on the view menu) to see if there are any softplaylist messages.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #186
you have the media library configured to watch your music folder(s)? it uses this to generate playlists. also, it might be worth checking the console (found on the view menu) to see if there are any softplaylist messages.

Yup, that was it. After i installed 1.0 i forgot to update my watched libraries. Knew i had missed something obvious!
Thanks so much for the quick reply.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #187
Hi everybody
I would like to say thank you for your wonderful plugin (btw, thanks marc2003 for your great script)
Two questions :
- I can fetch as much songs as I want using  user loved tracks, but user overall top tracks seems to clip to 50 first tracks or so. is it normal ?
- how can I deal with japanese artists ? I have a bunch of Japanese artist in my library, having their name tagged using latin alphabet. everything's fine when scrobbling these artists, but they don't show up when I use softplaylists.
I have a request too : would it be possible to have a playlist containing loved tracks with a certain tag instead of top tracks ? maybe by crossing the results of user.getlovedtracks and tag. gettopartists or tag.gettoptracks ?
usage scenario : I use specific tags for mood/context classification, and I would like to generate playlists of my loved tracks depending on the context/mood. so far I just have a playlist of the top tracks concerning one tag.
hope this make sense...

foo_softplaylists

Reply #188
Hi, it'd be really really really nice to be able to specify a single playlist for foo_softplaylists to use, so it doesn't create a new one with each different query.

Also, I'd like to be able to enter in Custom Users each time I select the function. Perhaps there could be two options - querying saved custom users, and querying a new list? Or, there could be just one option, with a text box for entering custom users displayed, already populated with the list of saved users

Other than that, great plugin, thanks! Any chance we could have a look at the source?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #189
Also, it'd be an idea to be able to do things with artists as you can with users (play top tracks, play related artists, etc)

foo_softplaylists

Reply #190
Love this plugin. And now, my wishlist *chuckle* one entry:

The issue:
When items are added from library to create the various playlists, it appears to grab the first artist-title match and adds it with no other variables processed.

The wish:
If it could do something like check all matches against first the %rating% and then by %bitrate% it would ensure the preferred copy of the track is the one added to the playlist and not one of lower quality. When I have track rated 5, it's going to be a preferred copy.

The reasoning:
I have quite a number of sampler, various artists, soundtrack albums, plus many, many loose singles which are always of medium to low quality. But the actual full albums are much more often high quality. When I have a lossless copy, or even high lossy, I'm going to want it over some 128 to 192kb/s giveaway version. As it stands, I get the lower quality copies added with enough frequency to post this.

I realize that adds to the overhead, reduces speed, etc, but that's why it is a wish *grin*

foo_softplaylists

Reply #191
How about getting out of "Legacy" state, by using new SDK?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #192
Fails behind proxy:

foo_softplaylists: failed to love 'Echidna's Arf (Of You)' by 'Frank Zappa'

Almost identical installation at home works ok, the only major difference is internet access via proxy.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #193
I just recently discovered this thread, it seems like a very interesting approach.

I have been playing with an idea of loading playlists by searching the library for unique ids, that sounds like a trivial addon to this work, no? E.g. musicbrainz track ids, combination barcode-disc-track, amazon ids, md5sum of audio (as in flac) etc.  Or is this already covered by the xspf part? I have lots of tracks with similar tagging (e.g. different transfers of same 78rpms etc)

I tried installing the plugin, but the preferences page is very last.fm oriented, where does the xspf functionality appear? [EDIT:] I found it on the Library menu now, but it seems you cannot currently configure fields to include in the playlist. I would want to add one or more id fields, what do you think?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #194
Man this plugin is golden! I've been struggling for years to create a system that allows me to rate certain songs in my playlist as "favorites". Finally last.fm came along and gave me that ability. The problem with last.fm was that it had no connection to my physical music collection, so there wasn't much that i could do with last.fm's Loved list except stare at it. Well you sure did solve that problem, thus ending my many years of struggle.

I love my simple setup now. I listen to my music at work and have a shortcut sitting in my task bar, which when pressed, uses the run command plug-in to mark the song as Loved. Too easy!

I hope you're [the developer] still around and reading the comments in this thread. I i definitely hope you still plan to work on your plug-in.

If you do plan another release then I second some of the other comments about needing an option to add many songs for one last.fm playlist item. I have many versions/mixes of the same song and sometimes the plug-in matches the last.fm playlist to one file when i really wanted it mapped to another. I'd be happy for an option to include all matches then I can edit the playlist as needed.

Thanks again!!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #195
amazing plugin. Keep up the good work!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #196
I'm running foobar2000 version 1.0.2.1 on Windows 7 Ultimate x86.
Just wanted to post in to say that I experienced a kinda weird problem when using this component with COM Server 2. Basically if you have both components installed, Global hotkeys no longer work globally, but instead only work with Foobar2000 focused.

I resolved this issue by removing COM Server 2, since I wasn't actually using it for anything...

foo_softplaylists

Reply #197
i wonder how 'Tracks feed limit' parameter works?
when i set it to '1000' only 869 tracks are fetched.

and why 1000 is the max? is it lastfm api limitation?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #198
Can this be updated to move commands out of Legacy Commands (unsorted) please?
Thanks

foo_softplaylists

Reply #199
Just to let you know I'm still alive but at the moment I don't have the time to work on the component.
Most pressing change is indeed the update to the new SDK.