Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ReplayGain (Read 3716 times) previous topic - next topic

ReplayGain

I generated ReplayGain tags on an ogg file and got RG_PEAK: 0.485 and RG_RADIO: +2.69 db. I converted this file to wav twice, the first time with "use replay gain" (in_vorbis 1.17b) enabled and the second time disabled. When I passed those wavs through a sound editor, they were identical. Maybe I don't understand something? :confused:

ReplayGain

Reply #1
I just tried the same thing and got two different files, as expected...

--
GCP

ReplayGain

Reply #2
I could actually hear the difference.  Perhaps you didn't close and restart Winamp after changing the setting?

ff123

ReplayGain

Reply #3
I closed and restarted Winamp, no good. I even raised the RG_RADIO tag myself to +9.69 db and still the same :eek: What am I doing wrong?  Do I have to enable something else in in_vorbis? I have "use replay gain (radio/track)" and "clipping prevention". The tags were calculated with Garf's replaygain.exe. I don't know what else info to provide. I feel like I'm doing something stupid