Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ape(Monkey's Audio) plug-in for Nero (Read 13386 times) previous topic - next topic

Ape(Monkey's Audio) plug-in for Nero

Browsing Monkey's Audio forum I've found this post
pointing to the page where the ape plugin for Nero can be found.
The plug-in is totally new to me.

LIF
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

Reply #1
Browsing Monkey's Audio forum I've found this post
pointing to the page where the ape plugin for Nero can be found.
The plug-in is totally new to me.

Wikki! And I like the DirectShow filter for MP4 files containing AAC audio, too...    Thanks.
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."

Reply #2
This is so damn tight...

Hopefully some MPC devolopers will come to their senses and either make an MPC plugin or fulfill his request.

(From mausau) "What's next?

I'm still looking for encoder source code for MusePack(also known as MPEG-plus/MPC/MPP/MP+). If you have any information on the source code or SDK, please let me know."

Reply #3
isn't the mpc source code on frank's site?

Reply #4
Very nice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nero is the first ape-->mp4 reencoding tool.
Wavpack Hybrid: one encoder for all scenarios
WavPack -c4.5hx6 (44100Hz & 48000Hz) ≈ 390 kbps + correction file
WavPack -c4hx6 (96000Hz) ≈ 768 kbps + correction file
WavPack -h (SACD & DSD) ≈ 2400 kbps at 2.8224 MHz

Reply #5
too bad i'm using flac....i was just gonna start mucking around with trying to get some sort of automated FLAC -> mp4 conversion going. Just haven't had time to look into it much. Anyone know where he's getting his info to write Nero plugins or did he just reverse engineer it? Maybe Ivan will see this and provide some information, but I doubt he can since Nero is a commercial app.

I'll start on it soon, but i'm sure someone will beat me to the punch.

Reply #6
Anyone know where he's getting his info to write Nero plugins or did he just reverse engineer it?

Maybe you missed it; Ahead released the SDK for plugins recently.

Reply #7
Can also be d/l'ed here in case main site is down. (yeah, I know, another geocities site....)
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Reply #8
I've uploaded the file here as an alternate download location.

LIF

LIF's edit: I had to remove the file, due to limited bandwith I have over there. Sorry :-(
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

Reply #9
too bad i'm using flac....i was just gonna start mucking around with trying to get some sort of automated FLAC -> mp4 conversion going. Just haven't had time to look into it much. Anyone know where he's getting his info to write Nero plugins or did he just reverse engineer it? Maybe Ivan will see this and provide some information, but I doubt he can since Nero is a commercial app.

I'll start on it soon, but i'm sure someone will beat me to the punch.

i switched from monkeys audio to flac just to have multiplatform, but i dont think a flac plugin for nero is too far away...

Reply #10
Woohoo!  FLAC plugin for Nero would be pimp!   

Reply #11
Just tried to 'write' a CD (simulation mode) using the ape plugin. It could reach up to 16x speed without getting an empty read buffer after a while. This was with ape files of high compression, and a 900 MHz Athlon. Not that I would ever burn an audio CD that fast...

Nero version must at least be 5.5.10.x. The nxmyape.dll must be placed in the Ahead\Shared\AudioPlugins folder.

Reply #12
The developer's Geocities account is exceeding the bandwith cap so I provided him with hosting. You can now get the files from here: http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/

Reply #13
Maybe you missed it; Ahead released the SDK for plugins recently.

Yes sir! You are correct!

I missed the news posting and just recently found the SDK this afternoon.

This is more of a research project for me, so please do not expect a plugin from me very quickly
And I fully expect an more experienced audio coder to probably beat me to the punch on this, so don't worry too much.

Reply #14
I noted this also in the Monkey's Audio forum...

I did a test burn with the plugin, directly from APE as an image (single file + cue), using 5.5.10.7. Some tracks on the finished CD are clipped at the end, by a second or two. There were no error messages.

I don't know why this is happening, but I'll take the extra time to decompress to WAVE and use CDRWin for my cue burning.

It happened with two different files... I re-burned them from WAVE with no problems.

Running XP w/128MB RAM, (since upgraded to 512MB)

Maybe some others could report their experiences, successful or not.

Reply #15
http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/

See, told you guys he'd beat me to the punch!

I really do need to use some of my "free" time into some outside coding projects, just always too tired after coding at work all day.

Everyone tell Mausau thanks for his FLAC support.

Reply #16
I noted this also in the Monkey's Audio forum...

I did a test burn with the plugin, directly from APE as an image (single file + cue), using 5.5.10.7. Some tracks on the finished CD are clipped at the end, by a second or two. There were no error messages.

I don't know why this is happening, but I'll take the extra time to decompress to WAVE and use CDRWin for my cue burning.

It happened with two different files... I re-burned them from WAVE with no problems.

Running XP w/128MB RAM, (since upgraded to 512MB)

Maybe some others could report their experiences, successful or not.

That thing about the last two seconds being cut from songs, well, that was my mistake. Seems it was read before I realized the error and corrections were made. /me lies down and waits for kicking to stop

Anyway, I still have not gotten CDImage.APE+CUE to burn correctly, all tracks burned start at file position 0:00 (the first track over and over in varying lengths). APE files split also have redundant tracks starting from file position 0:00. However, single song APE with no splitting do not exhibit any problems at all. So I will maintain that burning an APE image file can be done better with those cdrdao progs or EAC.

-Nero 5.5.10.7
-nxmyape.dll  date 03.25.2003
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"