Skip to main content
Topic: foo_playlist_attributes (Read 102415 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_playlist_attributes

Reply #225
hmm ... while thinking about sending you the playlists and trying to find out which of the fpl-files in the directory are "Default" and "Insertion", I noticed something strange. It might be an indication that the fpl-file is corrupt.

There is one fpl-file which only contains one single song, but i have no such playlist open. However, the song saved in there is one which I think i only queued to "Insertion" lately.

I made another zip with index.dat from the playlist-folder as well as two fpl-files which i think are the ones from "Default" and "Insertion". The one with 481 bytes being "Insertion" I assume. Only thing I changed was that I shortened the "Default"-list from something over 1000+ songs to only 10.

Maybe these files help you?

I meanwhile will try to set up a completely new Insertion2-playlist

Reply #226
Ah, ok. Interesting though. That cfg is three times bigger than mine... *cough*...  ??? :D Er, I mean, mine is only 382 bytes for over 40 playlists. And I've never had any problems with "insertion" playlists. (This is not innuendo, I promise! :D )

Shutting up now...

Reply #227
Setting up a new Insertion-playlist didnt bring any improvement.
"That cfg is three times bigger than mine... *cough*"
?

Which one exactly? I didnt fully understand what you mean. Do you think you found the reason for my issue? And don't worry about possible innuendos. I'm good at enduring criticism. xD

Reply #229
Which one exactly? I didnt fully understand what you mean.
The first zip you posted, the cfg settings. No idea if it means anything. (Also, I was just being silly and going for a laugh ;) ).

Reply #230
@TheLomaxx: With your description I could finally reproduce and fix the problem. I could also detect and fix another slightly related problem in this area. Hower, I have still no access to the components site to upload the new version, but as all the three bugs, which I've fixed, were existing for more than 8 years, it's probably not that urgent.

By the way: You can avoid at least the unwanted removing of skipped tracks on your default playlist by setting "Playback on active playlist" to enabled. I had set it and that was the reason, why I couldn't first reproduce the second part of your error report.

Reply #231
What is the problem with accessing component repository? If you have password problems or similar, I think you should PM Peter.

Reply #232
@fbuser: Awesome that you could reproduce the bug. Thanks for your work on both the bugfixing and the creation of the plugin. I'll patiently wait until your repository problem was resolved.

Reply #233
The new version is now uploaded to the component repository.

Reply #234
Can you please upload 0.5.2 somewhere? Just in case there's a need to install fb2k on WinXP.
Magically yours
Raistlin

Reply #235
Can you please upload 0.5.2 somewhere? Just in case there's a need to install fb2k on WinXP.
Sorry, no. I did not drop the support for WinXP in order to upload an outdated version of the component with known bugs to support WinXP again.

Reply #236
Too bad. I missed 0.5.2 somehow so I have only 0.5.1.
Magically yours
Raistlin

Reply #237
@GCRaistlin,

I sent you a PM.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019