Skip to main content
Topic: padding aac frames / fill element (Read 4484 times) previous topic - next topic

padding aac frames / fill element

hi,
I am trying to create a mp4 file with an aac audio stream.
I need to have constant sized samples. it is from a live stream. mp4 format forces me to either have constant size or predict size of each frame.
I tried to add padding to each aac frame using a fill element but vlc can't read it correctely (sound is distorted) and it says :
[00000446] faad decoder warning: PCE shall be the first element in a frame

this is a sample result file : http://dl.free.fr/vFYOpT7JK

can somebody give me some hints ?
thanks for your help.

Reply #1
You put the fill element right after each frame? That is wrong, you need to put it before the ID_END marker, otherwise it will indeed be the first element of the next frame.

Reply #2
You put the fill element right after each frame? That is wrong, you need to put it before the ID_END marker, otherwise it will indeed be the first element of the next frame.

oops...  seems logical to put it before id_end. 
I will try it. thanks.

Reply #3

you were right. thank you menno!

Reply #4
hi,
I have some issues on the aac stream to find the ID_END. the aac frames are not aligned with 0 which means I can't just take the 3 last bits set to 1.
I can't find any other solution than entirely parsing the aac stream to find the ID_END. If you have any alternative solution, I will take it.
thanks for your help.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019