Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I there an easy way to find upgraded components (Read 2872 times) previous topic - next topic

I there an easy way to find upgraded components

I upgraded Foobar to 9.6.8 and at the same time upgraded components.  Is there and easier way to look/upgrade to the newer versions of existing components?  This took over an hour between not being able to resize the preferance window to dicypering the components and than trying to figure oout if the one that was available on the net was newer than the on I had.  So many of the components that are available for download don't have the revision in the file name and on the download page some only have the date. 

Marc

Reply #1
+1 for a firefox-like add-on update support (doubt if it will ever be implemented, though)

Reply #2
The (Help->) Online Troubleshooter will tell you if you have any problematic components, and will usually give you an upgrade recommendation if there is one.

There's also been recently a considerable effort to make sure http://www.fb2k.org is up to date.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
I'm not talking about problematic ones only but any that are newer than what you have on your machine.

Reply #4
Neither is he.
Re-read his response. 

terry

Reply #5
Having an add-on that checked for updates of your installed components should be relatively easy.

The only caveat, though, is that someone would need to keep an up-to-date database of all Foobar components.  Which is a pretty big job to undertake.  You already have to look in a few places to manually find updates to the latest versions of components.  That, and there are new ones popping up all the time.  For example, ones that just come out of the blue from the Japanese Foobar community.

Reply #6
I visit link about once a week, to check, if a component was updated. As far as I can tell, they cover every component, and are always up to date.

Reply #7
I have this in my RSS feeds, seems related to qwertz's suggested site, and I confirm it is really up to date.