Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A question about flac format SUBFRAME_LPC (Read 2220 times) previous topic - next topic

A question about flac format SUBFRAME_LPC

When i read the format of SUBFRAME_LPC, i can comprehend other bits with little difficulty EXCEPT the third <5> bit block--Quantized linear predictor coefficient shift needed in bits. I want to make it clear what that means exactly. I've guessed some explainations myself but neither of them convinced me. So wish some buddy do me a favor. THX~

For example, i want to write 5 bits of 0.625Dec (0.1010Bin), does that mean if i store 01010, the shift needed in bits is 4 ?
All my will

Reply #1
You might find my little audio formats doc useful.  Go to page 14 for FLAC LPC subframe decoding, which tells what all the fields are for and how to make the decoding calculation.

Reply #2
Woo, That's very useful!
So many thx!
All my will