Skip to main content
Topic: File operations (renames) is not reflected in collection (Read 1587 times) previous topic - next topic

File operations (renames) is not reflected in collection

I noticed that if I do any file operation (using  Foobar's "File Operations" context menu items) on files I got in my collection, these changes are not applied to collection records. I'd expect that when I do rename a file, collection entry for that file get updated automatically.

Reply #1
What are "collection records" and "collection entries"? Can you give an example of your problem?

Reply #2
What are "collection records" and "collection entries"? Can you give an example of your problem?

By collection entry I mean a single file in collection.

Example: I got a file, say "C:\foor\bar.mp3" which is also in the collection. Now I load this file into playlist, do RMB on it, then File operations -> Rename... and rename this file to "new.mp3". But collection still refers to "C:\foor\bar.mp3" instead of "C:\foor\new.mp3" for that file.

Reply #3
Works for me, most likely related to your Samba problem.

Reply #4
If update of collection is only made based on monitoring they I guess you are right - the culprit is there. I do not know foobar internals and for some reason believed that file operations may update collection the other way, w/o waiting for monitoring to catch the change. That would be simply faster. and would work for me too

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020