Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows7 shell integration addon (Read 36012 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows7 shell integration addon

Reply #25
This has been updated to version 2.8.1 (NOT MY WORK)

This was reported by acedriver on September 5, 2009 (see above).

You got my hopes up for nothing. 

Reply #27
Thanks for this plugin! It rocks.
A little bug report that is hopefully not too obscure... while music is playing, naturally the Play/Pause thumb button changes to the 'Pause' icon, which is fine. However if you then switch to a different desktop and back using a virtual desktop program like Virtuawin or Dexpot, the thumb button will now display the 'play' button instead. Functionality is fine though and clicking the play/pause button twice 'fixes' it. Until you switch desktops again, that is. When switching desktops with those programs, they reload the taskbar buttons (...or something). But Column UI's thumbnail buttons don't have this bug... probably because it checks the current play/pause status before drawing the buttons.

thanks for a very nice plugin.

Reply #29
I have a problem. After re-installing foobar this plugin only show a cover and the buttons when foobar is maximized.
When I minimize foobar I get no preview, cover or buttons. In other words this plugin loses its functionality.

I seem to remember that before I re-installed foobar I could minimize foobar without losing the functionality of this plugin.

Reply #30
Hawk, it works fine in here with 1.0.1 and latest version 0.2.9.1.

Reply #31
Well, I suspect there is some incompatibility but I can't discover what it is.

Reply #32
Have you get foobar set to minimise to the notification area? This would remove it's presence from the taskbar.

Reply #33
Have you get foobar set to minimise to the notification area? This would remove it's presence from the taskbar.

That was it! Thanks a lot.
Problem solved. :-)

Reply #34
May it be possible to display the album/song cover directly in the taskbar instead of the foobar icon ? or not.

Reply #35
This doesn't work in the latest version?

Reply #37
This component stopped working properly for me for some reason. I can see the Album Art (and the progress bar overlay in it) when I mouseover, but the progress bar in the taskbar icon, the paused/playing taskbar icon overlay and the buttons under the Album Art aren't visible.

Screenshot: http://imm.io/aIJ8

As can be seen, the progress bar in Firefox's icon works as expected.

I recently installed a Win7 theme [link] which included a modified explorerframe.dll (x86_64). Could this have caused it? I reverted to the default Aero theme while using the same modified dll, and it did not fix the issue.

Reply #38
Huge necro-bump, but could find any other official thread.

Wish this was updated to fully support Windows 8. Playlist jumplist and overlay icon don't work at all in the taskbar, although the rest works fairly well.

Apart from that being able to add custom icons to the taskbar controls would be a nice touch, as the current icons don't fit very well with the rest of the OS.

Reply #39
You must be doing something wrong, I'm on win8.1 and am using both the playlist jumplist and the overlay icon. What doesn't work is "disable flip-3d", because it's not present in win8 anymore.

Reply #40
You must be doing something wrong, I'm on win8.1 and am using both the playlist jumplist and the overlay icon. What doesn't work is "disable flip-3d", because it's not present in win8 anymore.

Strange, which version of Foobar2000 are you using? I'm on 1.2.9, and under Windows 8.1 there doesn't appear any currently playing playlist in the taskbar jumplist.

Reply #41
I'm on 1.3.1, here is a screencap of my jumplist features:

I'm using a startmenu replacement, but even deactivating it doesn't make the playlists disappear.

Reply #42
I'm using version 1.3.1 of foobar on Windows 8.1, and I don't have the jumplist stuff either.

Reply #43
I'm on 1.3.1, here is a screencap of my jumplist features:
Unless you have some other jumplist component installed I have no idea why mine isn't showing that.

Reply #44
I discovered, if the following Windows option isn't activated, you won't see any playlist

Tested on Windows 7 x64 + Foobar2000 1.3.1 + foo_w7shell 0.2.9.1

Reply #45
Nixdagibts, that's it. Disabling that option made the playlists disappear for me. Also, on win8.x, there is a setting on the same tab which changes how many jumplist entries it should save - which affects how many playlists are displayed.

Reply #46
I discovered, if the following Windows option isn't activated, you won't see any playlist

Tested on Windows 7 x64 + Foobar2000 1.3.1 + foo_w7shell 0.2.9.1

Aha, works! Bit of a disappointment, though. Was expecting to be able to see a mini tracklist of the currently playing playlist/selection.

Might be a neat idea for a new component.

Re: Windows7 shell integration addon

Reply #48
This addon also works in Windows 10 Home 

There's an annoying glitch on Windows 10, when I move my mouse on the taskbar for the first time this appears:

when I move away and go back on it again, it goes back to normal:

That's not the first time someone mentions this bug:
https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/3q2qp1/is_there_a_way_to_fix_foo_w7shell_in_windows_10/

Any solutions?  :'(