Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: more transparant components (Read 2873 times) previous topic - next topic

more transparant components

Like the title sais, is it possible to make
album list
search

transparant?

could someone do it?

i think alot of people want this

Reply #3
bleeeeh, why isn't this getting much attention?

Reply #4
Why would it?

Many people now use the Default UI, and many panel-type third-party components are either not under active development any longer, or their authors just don't see the need to add pointless, headache-filled options.

i think alot of people want this

You are not "alot[sic] of people".
"Alot[sic] of people" don't automatically have the best ideas because there are a lot of them.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #5

Many people now use the Default UI, and many panel-type third-party components are either not under active development any longer, or their authors just don't see the need to add pointless, headache-filled options.

3rd party interface VS DefaultUI, Shakey, why always opposite them ?   

it's more near 50% / 50% according to this Poll : http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=63939

Reply #6
Well, all it really takes is for one person to decide to create, say, a transparent Album List panel. But I think you'll find that Foobar2000 developers, both those responsible for the core program and those who create third-party components, tend to create things based upon their own whims or perceptions of what's useful, rather than based on what the masses (or certain vocal subsets thereof) demand.

So the best route to seeing something like this implemented is to build a case for why someone should make it, what benefits it would have, etc. (Or learn to code one yourself, obviously, but equally obviously that's much easier said than done.) Simply insisting (even with numbers to back you up) that a lot of people want a given feature isn't likely to see it happen unless one of those people can write good C++ code.

For my part, I can certainly see the utility here. Pity I don't know the first thing about designing components

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021