Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus) (Read 139249 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus)

Reply #175
Replace 'playlist' in the configuration by 'playlist*' and it will also save the playlists in the future.

Thank you! I suspected my config was not up to date but was too lazy to skim this thread. Cunningham's Law to the rescue!

Reply #176
Hi

amazing , I was looking for a plugin that can autobackup even the portable version , skin , settings , tweaks
thanks

Reply #177
Installed, pressed 'Save configuration', nothing happened.
Tried to change paths, etc, no success.
And no log to trace further. :(

Reply #178
What are you expecting? Save configuration only saves the one configuration to disk. It doesn't magically let you pick another configuration to save to.

Reply #179
What are you expecting?
I looked for a intuitive, easy way to make sure the addon was able to work as expected.
Eight pages of discussion and nobody asked for an obvious BACKUP NOW menu item? Damn…

Reply #180
That menu option isn't provided by the component, it's provided by the player. It has no visible result, other than maybe disk activity, if you somehow log or notice it.

The component actually working should result in periodic backups of this configuration when the configuration is saved, or on track changes, or on other triggers I can't think of right now. It has no visible indicator, because it's supposed to be automatic and silent.

You can find the backups, though. That's a sure fire way to make sure it's working.

Reply #181
Has there been any followup to this post?

I have a suggestion:
- make an option to save after the foobar window has been inactive for x seconds.
Because saving freezes the ui, I want it to be done only if the window is in background and I am currently not using the ui.

After troubleshooting my UI layout, I'm thinking that foo_jesus is the cause of my entire foobar2000 application and UI to become frozen every X tracks (lining up with a backup every X tracks).  Can something be done to make this asynchronous / not deny access to the UI / item properties / playlist views / etc.?  Unfortunately I am planning to uninstall this component in the meantime, as it is very frustrating to not be able to open the item properties to work on tags at the beginning of playback every X tracks.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021