Skip to main content
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 598564 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1825
Hello.
I've been trying to add azlyrics.com to my available sources, but I can't seem to make it appear on the list of Available sources.
I have Foobar2000 v. 1.5.4; Lyric Show Panel 3 v. 0.5
I also downloaded (and installed, i think) libxml2-2.7.8.win32.zip, iconv-1.9.2.win32.zip and foo_lyricsource-master.zip

No one?
Looks like you downloaded the source code, not the compiled binaries.
UPD: or maybe not. Looks like the binary is included with the source. Maybe you just didn't take it out of the "release" folder.

Reply #1826
Hello.
I've been trying to add azlyrics.com to my available sources, but I can't seem to make it appear on the list of Available sources.
I have Foobar2000 v. 1.5.4; Lyric Show Panel 3 v. 0.5
I also downloaded (and installed, i think) libxml2-2.7.8.win32.zip, iconv-1.9.2.win32.zip and foo_lyricsource-master.zip

No one?
Looks like you downloaded the source code, not the compiled binaries.
UPD: or maybe not. Looks like the binary is included with the source. Maybe you just didn't take it out of the "release" folder.

Thanks.. It worked! You're the man.
Thank you very much (:

Reply #1827
My own experience with foo_lyricsource is that it is no longer drawing lyrics from www.azlyrics.com I have verified do exist there as mentioned here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=90338.msg961135#msg961135.

However, if you use its "external command" source via get_lyric.exe as described at the plugin author's site, it does sucessfully draw lyrics via that exe from at least some of the latter's built-in sources (like petitlyrics.com).

Reply #1828
However, if you use its "external command" source via get_lyric.exe as described at the plugin author's site, it does sucessfully draw lyrics via that exe from at least some of the latter's built-in sources (like petitlyrics.com).
Just wanted to add that the sites get_lyric.exe searches are:
lyrics.az
j-lyric.net
petitlyrics.com
www.lyricsfreak.com
www.azlyrics.com

It creates a log file that will show what site (if any) it found lyrics at, but unfortunately it stops at the first hit--for instance, if it finds them at petitlyrics.com, the "found/not found" site logging will stop there, so you don't know what if any of the others also had those lyrics or if the algorithm used was accurate.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020